Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Song From Planet Earth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've seen quite a few indie films and none of which have very still cameras, but you usually forget about it after 15 or so minutes.

Michael Gondry's movies are like that, but they're so good that you forget.

Oh uhhh on topic.. I have found a possible artist of the opening theme for the show but I couldn't find any signs of it on his myspace or anything.

Edit: FOUND IT! But it's on a site that has a LOT of music that I absolutely LOVE but sadly I can't download.. D: not yet at least.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like that, try Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell. All of the best people are Clints. Clint Mansell, Clint Eastwood, Clint Parsons......
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrono, the comments on the video have lots of suggestions as to what the music might be, but I'd guess it was probably something custom written for the show. Discovery has poured more money into this than any other documentary ever. They spent 5 years and it was all filmed in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    ick..that movie is awful. Its like story A for 2 minutes, then story B for 10 seconds, then A for 3 seconds, then story C for 45 seconds, story B for 30 minutes, story D for 8 seconds, etc.

Also, the cinematography is godawful. Its like they gave a camera to a monkey with parkinson's and told him to film while underwater.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but you're the only person I've heard express this so far. Every review I've read has had only astonishing things to say.

That, and I saw the first 2 parts myself and it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I think you're alone here.

Videophiles.

edit: I thought you were talking about Planet Earth, sorry. YOU GUYS SUCK

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've only seen the first 2 chapters? Oh man you gotta watch it all the way through. The ending scene screwed up my head for a good 2 days. I was emotionally disturbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    You've only seen the first 2 chapters? Oh man you gotta watch it all the way through. The ending scene screwed up my head for a good 2 days. I was emotionally disturbed.
    I didn't think all 11 parts had already been shown?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeztor, they're talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream", not the Planet Earth show. Oddly enough.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    Jeztor, they're talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream", not the Planet Earth show. Oddly enough.
    Oooooo, well in that case that changes everything.

Back to what phissionkorps said then...they filmed the movie that way on purpose, to make it feel chaotic. "Requiem for a Dream" was awesome. I'll never ever do drugs because of that movie.

But yeah Planet Earth was cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only two episodes were shown on saturday right? i think the rest were re-runs. anyways,
    planet earth was awesome but the first episode (pole to pole) kinda made me sad. i know its only natural for wolves, augr* cats and other animals to hunt but i didnt want to watch the "chase" clips. i wanted to cry when the goat tripped, slowed down, and was eventually killed by the wolf.

i liked the second episode much better, although a couple of the footages were shown originally in blue planet.

i wish i had an hdtv.

jlap,

what was the ending scene? what happened?
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast