Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh man we're screwed :o(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phew! good to hear! see? it always works out. good luck to Jeff at his new job!
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Presto
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh ramen... i once heard it referred to as Purina Student Chow, about the most accurate description i've heard yet. i'm a broke college student at the moment, who will be a more broke vet student in the near future, and then a MORE broke vet some time after that, so i definitely feel some of your pain

i'm glad everything is starting to work out now though! if you want, i can send along my grandmother's chicken soup recipe... she grew up during the Depression and raised three kids in tough economic times so she's excellent at stretching a buck in meals (and as much as i adore ramen, chicken soup is far better for you!). it's VERY tasty, has only got a handful of pretty inexpensive ingredients and the recipe makes a big pot; i make it all the time here at school to save myself from OD-ing on sodium let me know if you'd like it!
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love ramen!!!!

I'm sorry Trapper
    I hope that it all works out well for you.
    And as Presto said: "don't sell your gliders, they're your buddies!! I know at the moment your situation seems desperate, but you'd regret it too much"
    It's soooooo true

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    phew! good to hear! see? it always works out.
    Things turn out best for those who make the best out of the way things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    6. do some odd jobs around your neighborhood. You're good with animals, why not put up a flyer for petsitting/dog walking? I housesit for people every now and then. I just stay at their house, take the mail in, take care of the pets, and make sure everything stays safe and no emergencies go unnoticed. I get a few extra bucks, they have peace of mind while they go on vacation and pay less than they would for a kennel. Everyone wins.
    Presto had some great advice here. You could even try mowing lawns for real cheap to get a couple extra cash money.

Congrats to Jeff and his new job. What is he going to be doing?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess that the job holding the pay was not worth it in the long run, huh? if so i may have suggested taking out a loan if the pay was going to be excellent. i'm glad things are looking up for you guys. i don't have a babysitter next week if you want to babysit my 1 and a half year old.

well, good luck to you guys. i guess this is your first little hurdle as a married couple, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man you guys are just making me increaslingly scared, tense and nervouse of the going off to college, and real life...

Glad things turned out ok though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Sorry to hear about your hardship Niki! Don’t worry too much and don’t sell your gliders! Everything has periods of ups and downs, and this will be over before you know it!

One other tip: Try shopping at your local 99cents store. The ones here in California stock everything from fruit to laundry detergent.

I wish you and Jeff the best of luck!
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast