Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh man we're screwed :o(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man we're screwed :o(

I'm just writing this here because I don't really have anyone else to talk to right now, except Jeff and he's screwed with me, lol. He started his new job today (after being out of work for over 2 weeks) and he found out that they totally screwed him over. They said one thing in the interview and they said a totally different thing today while he's training! He won't get paid for 3 weeks and we only have $250 left We won't be able to survive on that, we won't be able to EAT! Our internet will be shut off, so will our tv and who knows what else. I'm scared. Jeff is asking me to think of something and all I can think of is selling my very much loved sugar gliders just so we can eat. I'm so upset. Jeff just called and he's coming home, it's not going to work out there. Hopefully he'll get another job soon where they will pay him soon. This place told him today in training that if he quits before 3 months they will take back $600! WHAT KIND OF PLACE DOES THAT?!?!?!?! I gotta go, sorry for this, I'm just really upset
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow holy crap I'm sorry! Ask your mother to wire you some money.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell Jeff to go sign up at a temp agency. They will find you work right away. The job might suck but its better than nothing. I had to do temp work when I lost my job because of a corporate merger. Never thought that would happen to me but it did. Temping sucked...but I had A paycheck until I could find something better. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and do something you really don't wanna do.

It quite common that companies withhold pay like that. The company I work for now was bought out by larger company and that happened to us. We were informed it would be 3 weeks before we saw a paycheck. It was definitely hard.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, that totally blows. I'm truly sorry to hear that. I will second PAK's suggestion about temp agencies. They will find work for you fast. I worked a couple temp jobs back in the day and while the work sucked, it paid my bills for a summer. I actually got paid more than I had at any other hourly job I had up until that point. I worked thirty days as a temp for the federal government in an IRS mail sorting deal. I filed Form 4400's for businesses for eight hours a day, five days a week, for a month. It totally sucked, but again, whatever you have to do to put bread on the table.

Good luck, Niki.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want something temporarily, all of the theme parks are looking for people for the spring break time. Well Sea World and Universal are. I'm not sure about that mouse place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I knew you would have some suggestions Jeff is on the phone right now trying to get an interview. We'll be ok, we always are, sometimes it's just really hard. If he gets this job he's trying to get, it is good pay but it's 45 minutes away (in Orlando) and our car is making some weird, BAD noises, so lets pray that it won't break down on us! Plus with the gas prices it's gonna be hard, but at least we'll have FOOD! Did I mention that on Saturday, I had a garage sale, I made $8! EIGHT DOLLARS!!!!! I was out there for 5 hours I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....well I already cried, so I might as well laugh now :-) Jeff says at least we have each other, I love him so much :-) Thanks again guys! Jeff is definetly not lazy so a temp job just might have to do for now. You know things are bad when I don't put my posts in cool colors
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't sell your gliders, they're your buddies!! I know at the moment your situation seems desperate, but you'd regret it too much.

I'm in a similar boat, trying to balance student loans, paying off the repairs I had to my car, and rent. That leaves about $40 a month for food/gas/anything else. I've gotten pretty creative about saving/balancing money.

1. don't eat out. at. all. all of your meals must be prepared in your kitchen. and limit yourself to 3 meals a day...snacks are expensive.

2. buy a couple of boxes of Ramen. they're like a buck for 12 meals. Not entirely nutritious, but you won't be eating it forever. well, unless you like it.

3. bike or walk to places if possible. Or take a bus. or if you must drive, try and do as many errands in one trip as possible. gas prices are killer.

4. if you're renting, explain your situation to your landlord. maybe they'll let you give them the check a little late.

5. okay, so you lose your TV and internet for a little while. You will survive. go to the library, borrow a few videos for free, and use their internet for free. borrow a few books, too. Take up a craft, or teach your dog some new tricks. There are plenty of other ways to stay entertained.

6. do some odd jobs around your neighborhood. You're good with animals, why not put up a flyer for petsitting/dog walking? I housesit for people every now and then. I just stay at their house, take the mail in, take care of the pets, and make sure everything stays safe and no emergencies go unnoticed. I get a few extra bucks, they have peace of mind while they go on vacation and pay less than they would for a kennel. Everyone wins.

7. I don't like to put things on my credit card, but when I had my car fixed I had no choice. I'm glad I did, it made an impossible situation much more manageable. This is just the sort of emergency situation that credit cards are supposed to be used for.

Just try and keep things in perspective. This isn't forever. You will eat..not very well, but you will not starve. You still have a place to live. You still have each other and your pets.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presto, you are very sweet and smart We have already stopped eating out for a long time now and yes it has saved money. When I told Jeff that I was THINKING of selling the gliders, he just looked at me and said I can't believe you even said that. He said he wouldn't let me do that. I wasn't being rational, I was just trying to think of ANYTHING! Ok, so the good news now! Jeff starts his new job on Wednesday! They hired him over the phone (pretty much). He has an interview with them tomorrow. This is the job with great pay but it's an hour away. I will barely see him but at least we will not starve I would get a job, but I don't have a working visa (yet). I thought about dog walking/sitting and hopefully I would get cash instead of a check. There are no buses here so I can't get around anywhere unless Jeff is here. I would have to walk if I got a job dog sitting/walking. Ok so things are back to being ok now. He will get paid weekly here and they will only hold back his first check for a week, so we'll have money in about 2 weeks, which is way better than three! Thanks again!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast