User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curse this blasted addiction of mine!!!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilbasso View Post
    this could be a new thread!

keep 'em coming, this is amusing!

I guess my addiction has a long way to go but it has certainly been sown and germination has begun. I just don't have the $ yet but I am spending the $ that I do get (as the end of the job was nearing I went and ordered a cephalotus) that I shouldn't be. It's a start.
    The money starts to get ridiculous when you want the rarer stuff. Then it dies.
    And with some plants, no matter how much you're willing to spend, there just aren't any to be had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know your addicted when you ask for many plants... then you cant get any of them because you have no shipping money.... living the moment (sorry everyone!!)
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well addiction... Starting with 4 plants (2 vfts + drosera capensis alba + capensis), then a flava, and to finish a purp and a catesbaei. Checking the trade forum everyday for freebies (btw here goes my big thanks to all who sent me stuff ).
    Dividing and repotting the 7 plants that I bought last year from the garden center, that had grown quite well and after a few weekendes of repotting and diving growing points, gone from 7 to 78 plants This week some friends of mine are going to start suffering the capensis attack, and I'll take some to the garden center where I bought them, they've also been so nice in offering me pots
    And they've gone only 8months since I started
    Me addicted? naaaaaahh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know how you feel. Every time I see CPs at a store I feel sad and wanna buy them all because i know that they will die if someone doesnt help them.

i think i planted them a little too close together... ne3p's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you ever end up buying the ill ones, to make them better?

the garden centres near me can't even seem to manage drosera capensis. the poor things are so dry that they don't have any sticky droplets...

the point at which you realise your friends are also nerds: you ask for a quadrant in the fourth dimension, and they say 10:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3p View Post
    do you ever end up buying the ill ones, to make them better?

the garden centres near me can't even seem to manage drosera capensis. the poor things are so dry that they don't have any sticky droplets...

i have! i did it several times in the past. i kinda had to give up because ive gotten the "oh look! here's the crazy lady who buys dying vfts." plus, ive been broke.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes! I cleaned up last year with $.50 flytraps. Some are still around but winter killed off a few. I don't know why so many flytraps just don't want to live with me.

I have a few others that were trapped in a cube and are now doing wonderfully. One was a N sanguinea that was a little twig among a dead VFT and sundew. They knocked off 50% and now it is doing very well.

The key is to pick out some VFTs that are blackened due to normal life cycles of the plant and point out that they must be dying and could the store knock off some of the price.

aqua teen hunger force assemble!! disco's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

lol you guys are crazy!!! in a good way of course. and i know that feeling i was there a few weeks ago lol. waiting to start my new job but i still went out and bought myself a few CP's on the credit card ha ha ha who in their right mind would give me a credit card. anyway it's all good now things happen like that like a roller coaster. and i don't like to think of it as an addiction (i'm in denial) its a hobby LOL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast