What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new GH sign.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
A freind of mine had his brother in law make a sign for my GH. I thoguht it turned out pretty good and I love it. I jsut thought I would share with you guys.

200373619RL514582509.jpg

That's cute. It looks like a pirate sign. Don't ask me why.

Very nice. I like the blood dripping from "horrors."

xvart.

That is a cool sign, Nicely done! :bigthumpup:

Thanks guys. It was all my friends idea and he then relayed it to his brother in law and this was the end result. I dunno if you can see the little details, but there are a couple rusty nails in there half pulled out and bent over to give it that old look like a kid put it together with used wood, or something like that. As my friend put it the rustic look. I am waiting to hear if it can stand the weather or if I need to protect it inside the GH. It is definately going up though. I love it!

How did he make that scary, human-like figure behind the sign? I'm going to have nightmares.

rofl

That's an awsome sign...very cute!

Haha herenorthere!!

Great sign, I love it :-D

Darn it, now I want to make a sign, that one has made me feel "incomplete"

Cool deal, JB- I imagine depending on the finish, you could hit it with some kind of urethane or varnish or something to make it more out-door resistant, no??

I am sure I could, but I would be afraid to ruin the look of it. It apears to be redwood I think. So isn;t that stuff naturaly weather resistant? I dunno he will get back to me soon. I am not ready to hang it yet anyhow. I have top clean out the GH some first. Organize really. Put things away and get rid of some of these dang capensis. LOL.

Hell I'll take them. You'll get them back in a year anyway lmao. Mine were burnt in the sunnyshine.

Another option is put that stuff on it they use on decks, that way it will be water resistant but not be shiny.

I thought that an old rotten wodden sign wood look more "creepy".

Back