What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG! Rabies

Yeah, Isn't that like Mad Cow Disease? with the proteins and the brains and the death?

Yeah Kuru was the first spongy encephalopathy ever discovered. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, scrapie, bovine spongiform encephalopathy (aka mad cow disease), and about 5 other diseases are all prion diseases.

that's sooooooo cool!!!
but still for now my two favorites are smallpox and rabies

that's sooooooo cool!!!
but still for now my two favorites are smallpox and rabies

I have to agree with smallpox, epidemic diseases are another of my favorites. They have had such an impact on the development of the human species. I really should get my premed stuff and go into medical anthropology you know. Nah I will stick with archaeology.

Uhh, I don't really have a favorite disease, cause that's kind of weird.

What does it mean if I've never given much thought to what my favorite disease was?

COME ON!!!! Everyone has a favorite disease/virus!!!
just think of the one that's mostly impacted your life. It could be as simple as the common cold to as complex and confusing as those piron thingys.

Herpes simplex 2.

Just kidding. The one that's affected me the worst is chronic bronchitis. I get it chronically AND bronchially.

What am I thinking? I'm forgetting a pretty cool disease I have. I prefer the word "affliction" myself. Sounds so dramatic. I've got Hashimoto's disease. That just means I've got hypothyroidism (NO I do not have a goiter or anything weird) and my body attacks my own thyroid. It's an autoimmune disease but I take a hormone everyday and it's not an issue in the slightest. Really lol, It causes no problems but if I didn't take it I'd drink too much water, sleep all day, stay cold all the time and gain a little weight.

Hormones are fun. Hurray Synthroid!

The bubonic plague is my favorite!

the most interesting thing i've ever had was mumps...

How about shingles? I heard that looks nasty but I'm not about to look it up on google.

This is pretty graphic so if you're faint of heart you might not want to click.

This is pretty graphic so if you're faint of heart you might not want to click.

lmao!!!! :-))
that is HILARIOUS!!!!!

It clearly demonstrates 2 types of shingles. I believe one is more prevalent in Hispanic-influenced areas and has it's origins in Mexico, while one originated primarily in the English colonies in America.

That it does...That it does.

Clapping business people? And those shingles don't look so bad after all.

Clapping business people? And those shingles don't look so bad after all.

wow, well obviously you've never had either one of those diseases. Believe me...seeing them in person is not pretty. :puke:

Back