What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many plants!! :D

nah no such thing.

but my collection suddenly, erm, quadrupled thanks to jimscott :) many thanks!!!

so now i have to show off my super-ghetto setup:

CPcollection_000.jpg

hooray for Wegmans yogurt and four yogurt-munching housemates!

(adding another light soon, i think... this one's getting stretched a bit thin!)

It's always nice when the collection jumps in numbers like that! What are in the dixie cups closest to the camera?

What kind of bulb is that? You might want to be careful with the heat output of that bulb. You might want to place them all by a window if you can.

xvart.

Wonderful! I LOVE your Neps :-D

thanks guys :)

xvart- it's a compact fluorescent bulb, so it never gets too hot! they are actually near a window, though my spring seedlings are currently blocking that light (and it was night when i took the picture)

the ones in front are assorted baby Ping's... there's a P. weser in there, P. acumata (sp?) and a few others... one is labelled P. 1715 but i'm not entirely sure of what he is- it has an interesting compact shape though so it'll be neat to see what it turns into.

Good deal, I couldn't tell because the light was so bright in the pictures. I guess that should've been my first clue, and it wasn't a nasty yellow... lol. You'll have to post pictures of your pings when they get a little bigger. I am curious now about what the P. 1715 is! Keep up the good work!

xvart.

ya, Jimscott easily tripled my collection, possibly quadrupled:-D

Can we get some close ups, especially of the smaller plants? Please

you keep all those indoors?

gets sort of addicting, huh? i havn't had the nerve yet to venture beyond vft's. i'm trying to keep it that way but we will see.

piccys:

p. 'weser'
CPcollection_pweser.jpg

p. 'tina'
CPcollection_ptina.jpg

p. 'sethos' (i reeealllly wanted one of these for some reason, i was happy to find one in the box!)
CPcollection_psethos.jpg

p. 1715
CPcollection_p1715.jpg

those are most of the ones that survived shipping.... there's also a d. capensis typical (those buggers just don't quit do they?), p. reticulata, p. acuminata, p. launeae x emarginata (info on the first parent would be great, can't find it anywhere! spelling?), and of course, the pygmy sundews in recently sprouted gemmae form that i was actually after ;) (d. scorpiodes and d. dichrosepala survived shipping). there are a few extra pots with some extra gemmae sprouts that i'm giving to my plant loving friends so they'll quit bothering me ;) (my French professor also wants one, ironically!)

Nice collection!

I like p. 'sethos' too.

the 1715 thing is Pinguicula Yucca Do 1715...its a cultivar

Back