What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im just so happy it's spring!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I love this time of year guys. I've got spring fever. Everytime this year I a renewed interest in gardening. This is great. And the heat and humidity and drinking iced tea. Oh man it's great.

Is spring and summer any one else's favorite? I dunno, something about this heat and wind just gets me nostalgic of times gone by. I guess my early high school days. Best damn years of my life. High school during the spring and summer. Then again I'm only 17 and have a lot more years left lol.

Anyways, the magnolias and iris are in bloom, the air is thick with pollen and maybe it's all the antihistamines I'm taking but I'm just in a REALLY good mood this time of year. I think I get depressed during the winter anyway. I'm just so happy. Everything is going perfectly for me. It's just... I dunno I guess I'm just euphoric it's spring and I'm happy. Natural high I guess. And I just got my last credit for my HS diploma a year early, and I've quit smoking and don't crave nicotine anymore (I'm even done with the gum).

Ahh just wanted to share how amazingly happy I am for no reason. It's just awesome. I love this weather! The heat does something to me. It's like that song "I feel good". I think James Brown sang it?

plants in zone 4 are blooming, a yearly first! Birches and elms. I feel like in the only one who ever noices them.

yeah, I like the warm weather, but It seems to be WAY too hot in Ole Tally too early because I'm sitting in my house sweating my but off, and all of the pollen is giving me bad allergies. However Spring and/or Summer are deffinately my favorite times of the year.
Probably because my plants are growing again, I can play in perfect frisbee weather, and of course.....SWIMMING!!!!!

oh yeh... people have allergies to tree pollen dont they. I guess i wont be the only person noticing those...

Take steroids like me lmao. I'm on Flonase, Loratadine, and sometimes generic Pseudoephedrine when it gets bad. I think the other day the pollen count was 2x what they consider to be "extremely high" on the charts.

It sucks because I have to take Flonase and Loratadine during the fall and winter because of mold spores from the leaves and during the spring and summer because of the pollen. I think I've been on a daily antihistamine since I was about 6. It REALLY aggravates my asthma, too.

Yeah, every morning there is a bright yellowish green film of dew and pollen all over everything, including my plants. But I guess my butterworts are benifiting from that

we had a freak 78 degree day in western NY the other day... WOW was it gorgeous!!!! the lilac bushes are starting to get buds and i'm patiently (hah) awaiting my summer garden seed order... my moonflowers should have gotten started a week or so ago but i ordered everything online this year (Burpee seed) so they're not here yet!

it's true though... all i want to do is go out and dig in the dirt. stupid school.

ya, if I didn't keep my nose slathered in moisturizer every time I think about it, I'd be pretty darn raw at this point.

ya, if I didn't keep my nose slathered in moisturizer every time I think about it, I'd be pretty darn raw at this point.

My nose has been raw ever since late January, or when the flowers started opening :-(

Yes I love it too, but I had spring fever on Tuesday... yesterday was a bad day and today was too cold so it went away.... for now. It'll be back... yes it will.

I love this time of year and I get the same renewed love of gardening as well.

I'm going to make the most of this spring. Next week I'm going to be going down to the desert (again, lol) for a field bio class. Will be checking out plant and wildlife as well as lots of fun geographical features.

And tomorrow, my first day of spring break will be the first time I go in to the ocean in a looong time. lol I had an unpleasant experience once after which my time spent in the ocean tapered off very quickly.

SUN! Very nice. :-D

I personally like the winter. Summer gets too hot.

I HATE spring, cause i hate season changes.

stupid allergies

I WOULD love spring except the stupid trees just HAVE to make pollen (Well, actually I have no idea what I'm allergic to but it sucks). So I guess early spring is my favorite, especially when we have 79 degree weather.

Wonderful time of year here, too. The early bloomers start in January with Camelias, then we get Bradford Pear trees, Flowering Dogwood, all sorts of nice stuff. Seems like most of the deciduous trees have their foliage now.

Was 86 earlier this week.

Yes, spring is definitely here! Everything in my front yard and backyard is already blooming. At night, the Pacific Tree Frogs go crazy! They’re so loud, you can hear them blocks away; and when there are a lot of them, it seems that there’s a chorus outside! LOL

Spring is great, but my favorite season is autumn. :)

Uhh, yeah, right spring is where?

My house at about 8:00pm this evening.
201095190O563777645.jpg

And the heat and humidity and drinking iced tea.

I love drinking iced tea outside in spring and especially in summer. It is so refreshing!

Is spring and summer any one else's favorite? I dunno, something about this heat and wind just gets me nostalgic of times gone by. I guess my early high school days. Best damn years of my life.

I often think back on my summers in junior high with great fondness. I could reflect back on those days for the rest of my life. Those and my sophomore year in college! I loved having zero responsibility and riding my bike around everywhere. Ahhhh... Summer.

xvart.

yay! i got some kind of condition right now due to this time. its a inflamation on my rib cage so it hurts to breath in and out... anyways. has anyone noticed that Bradford Pears smell like...rotting flesh or rotting seafood maby possibly even urine!? our neighborhood is full of them and we have 2 of our own. and at school so i smell them all day. everyday. i have to hold my nose at times because the smell was so strong. all my plants finally have noticeable signs of waking up! WOO HOO!
Alex

Summer is bomb. I'm so spending spring break at the beach. And ice tea is bomb as well. The best though is music camp. Four weeks this year in Colorado! Plus another one week camp around here. I'm pumped.

Back