Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate Jesus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be at best in bad taste (pun intended although in bad taste as well). The timing appears to be for maximum publicity. There are more important things to be upset about than an artists work. War and genocide for starters. I say ignore the idiot, he's just craving attention !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Quote Originally Posted by droseraguy View Post
    It seems to be at best in bad taste (pun intended although in bad taste as well). The timing appears to be for maximum publicity. There are more important things to be upset about than an artists work. War and genocide for starters. I say ignore the idiot, he's just craving attention !
    Well stated. I completely agree with you.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the problem at all.

1.) It's a sculpture, no different from one in bronze or plaster. Chocolate's just a medium.
    2.) You can eat a chocolate egg to symbolise the rising, but you can't make a chocolate sculpture of the man himself?
    3.) Easter seems to best time to make such a thing.
    4.) So he hasn't got a loincloth. Who says he had anything on on the cross?

And here's an image - it seems to be quite a sensitive piece that a lot of skill and time went into. Granted, it's not particularly pretty, but I would imagine crucifictions generally aren't:

Choc Jesus

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would either of you say it's in bad taste? Its a bad picture but in real life I'm sure it's beautiful.

Was the statue of David in bad taste aswell? Like it or not, all of us men have penises (penii? lol). Even Jesus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people don't give the Catholics enough credit. They're upset that the penis isn't larger.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one. I fell off my chair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Why would either of you say it's in bad taste? Its a bad picture but in real life I'm sure it's beautiful.

Was the statue of David in bad taste aswell? Like it or not, all of us men have penises (penii? lol). Even Jesus.
    I think it’s in bad taste because of his timing, not because of the anatomically correct Jesus. In my opinion, artwork (this kind of artwork, not logos and fashion designs) is supposed to be something personal; a way for the artist to express and depict something (an emotion, idea, etc.), and should not be used as a way to become popular… Works should definitely be shown to other people, but not for the sake of becoming popular and getting money, that comes after people have FIRST recognized you and your work. It is evident that this guy created this statue on the eve of holy week to draw controversy and make his name known. IMO, this was a low-blow… if his work is that good (I’m not saying it isn’t), then he should have done it at some other time; when the sculpture would have done the talking, not the media.
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast