i had bought these Vitakraft Mini-Pop things for my gerbil, they're basically mini dried corncobs. on the package it says you can microwave them for a little bit so i usually do that to make it a little different for him 4/5 of the cobs did nothing exciting when i microwaved them, the kernels just turned pale to indicate that they were cooked (and they made a little "ping" sound when they popped, or half popped). the fifth one... well, i turned to look in the microwave after ten seconds and it, er, well, popped. so i have half a cob of little mini popcorns now it's quite cute actually.
my question is... can my gerbil eat these? i don't see why not honestly... in an animal exquisitely designed to chew wood without getting splinters i'd imagine getting pieces of kernel stuck in his teeth is a nonissue. just wondering what people's opinions are