What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEE's

Ah. Honey Bees. I'm petrified of Wasps, Bees, any type of em. Though, I'm usually scared of walking near flowers with Honey Bees at work, they only jump flower to flower even if my hand is right next to them. One time I had a Honey Bee crawl across my hand to get to another flower. I freaked out, but it had already gotten off my hand. Wasps are always getting in my house, so I kill them.

There is no reason to be scared of them. I use the simple rule of, if you don't bother them they won't bother you. I had a hornet land on my hand and all it did was start to clean its self. Also it scared away my little cousin Emily so it lands on her burger and started eating it. :crazy: I soppose it would have been used for larvea in the nest because it was turned into a little ball then flew off.

I'm not a fan of honeybees. I guess it's my inner Republican's hatred of immigrants because I like wild bees and don't mind hornets and wasps very much. I can stand to have them land on me too, but I worry about being allergic because my father suddenly became allergic around my age.

I have no allerges and my dad is alergic to seafood and my mom is alergic of wasp/bee stings, also my bother is also alergic to dogs that shed witch he lost.

This is pretty awesome.

>:-( Hives didnt make it through this cold snap, no stores, so they couldnt leave the cluster. I am getting two new packages on the 25... SO MUCH *!@$#@% MONEY!

All I know is the bees love my neps. And my neps love the bees.

All your bees died? How cold can they take and how much do they cost? Why not wait until it's warmer?

They can take pretty cold when Clustered, but they couldn't reach any sugar water, starved, and then the rest froze since their weren't enough to keep the heat up.

ANY ways, I got my 2nd Packages. Hear are some pictures, They were Actually flying, which was exciting, I was a little nervous at first, but I'm fine now!

And yea I'm not wearing a Veil I beasted it

946cc1eb.jpg

26875826.jpg

e261ba11.jpg

it looks like you have a built in veil :p

thanks, me too. hopefully I have some honey to give away Next year for the Auction.

I love ska. I don't love bees. Lol. No way could I do that would a bee suit and a smoke can thing.

Get some bee pheromone and cover yourself it in, then put the bees all over your head like the guy on tv!

Looks like fun. Have you been stung?

Nope Havent been stung, but I did have quite a squeeze. I was out their, checking on the hives, every thing seemed fine, Except the top feeders, They were filled with bee's drowning in the sugar water. The way they are built is so the bee's can get at the sugar water, but not get into it. So basicaly what happend was the bee's were squeezing through and getting in the top feeder. Which sucked. But I fixed it. So the bee's SHOULD be fine now, Ill check tomorrow.

Cheers

Awww I think bees are cute.

Back