Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital artists, wacom tablet owners please read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works on Mac OS X so you could check it out! The reviews say it has increased render times but how long would it really take to make a 5-7 minute video? Days or months?

The review of Bryce's latest says "with the affordability and realistics of Vue 6 Bryce needs to do some serious upgrading" or something similar to that. the stills of their environments side by side really do look way different.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Bryce was always kind of off in space about certain features - I felt like between version 2 and 3 Bryce actually got a lot weaker in some respects. I'll poke around for a demo or something... really don't have time for this kind of stuff nowadays but it's always nice to have toys.
    As for increased render times, a permissible render time might be anywhere from 30 to 100 times the length of the target peice, or longer, depending on the frame rate, resolution, and other factors. Increased render times probably mean very long. The trick with animating is to do all of your work in low-res, flat-colored previews and save the big renders for the end of the day when you're ready to walk away from the computer.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Bryce version something or other.0 that a pal gave me years ago but it's never worked on my cheapie store bought PCs with their useless videocards so I've never even gotten to check that out.

What I see in 3d World mag is most of these 3D programs like Vue and lightwave work with a series of lines and glyphs but what mostly looks like a gymnasium to denote what you'll actually see once it renders.
    Might take time just to figure out what the heck I'm looking at!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12