Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canon 35mm service?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 35mm service?

I'm looking for a source to get my Canon AE-1 freshened up, it needs the foam replaced around the mirror and film door, probably could stand some routine cleaning, lubrication, and calibration, (it doesn't suffer from shutter squeak)

bringing the grand old girl out of retirement for some macro use

who is the AE-1 guru (prefer canon certified)

or if someone has an old, unloved service manual (first generation, non-p model) Ill do it myself

Av

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garry's Camera Repair is supposed to be good. 90 day warranty, reasonable rates, good turn around time (7 day). Illinois.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems reasonable, thanks Warren

you've just got it covered this morning ey mate

cheers'
    Av

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garry's was recommended by a couple people in a Minolta group. I haven't used them because there is an ex-Minolta tech guru local to me, but I'm sure they are just as good with Canons. The AE-1 is a great little camera. I prefer the aperature priority of Minoltas myself.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Garry's was recommended by a couple people in a Minolta group. I haven't used them because there is an ex-Minolta tech guru local to me, but I'm sure they are just as good with Canons. The AE-1 is a great little camera. I prefer the aperature priority of Minoltas myself.
    Not surprised that they wouldn't recommend the Sony repair. I have a Konica-Minolta camera and they sold the repair rights to Sony. When I got my camera back from their certified repair centre, not only did the problem come back a day or two later, but there were several deep gashes. Spent months talking to them about it trying to something worked out. Warranty: shot. Resale value: shot. Moral: chose your repair centre carefully.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AE-1 was the 64 1/2 Mustang of cameras IMHO, designed so the average Joe could afford a little performance and looks, not an F1 but still sexy when it came out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for a second opinion/place to call we have used Samy's Camera with good results. we've got one of those AE-1's aswell great cameras......i was still using it up to a couple years ago.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/