What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April fool-----> Ozzy (a little), Andrew (some) but Pak (definitely) [agreed]

And trust me, if you think this is the worst thread you've ever seen, you haven't seen crap compared to some other forums.

Yeah, just look at the fights that JLAP, 0zzy and I had a few months ago!

Can Lil Hitler, uuhhh I mean 0zzy come back now? Come on guys, just kiss and make up will ya? :angel: :beer:

sorry, for me nothing will beat getting taken by OCremix last year when they changed it to "EAremix". For those of you who know what I'm talking about :-))

For those of you who don't:crazy:

Yeah, just look at the fights that JLAP, 0zzy and I had a few months ago!

Can Lil Hitler, uuhhh I mean 0zzy come back now? Come on guys, just kiss and make up will ya? :angel: :beer:

Lil Hitler is supposed to be Andrew.

Those "fights" were really funny lmao.

I mean let it sit awhile, let him cool down then talk to him, it is better then bugging him about it when he is still angry.

Lil Hitler is Andrew?? Ooopppsss :blush: I just talked to Andrew on Yahoo and he's not happy :(

JLAP- yeah they were, hehe :p

Is this a joke?

Are ALL the mods involed? So confusing.

Whatever,I don't take anything serious in the general discussion forums anyway.If Ozzy was banned there are other forums he can go to.

Jerry

WOW is it April 1st already? You know ever since I got that head injury in the airplane crash I was in, I just can't keep track of time.

Abcat, all the mods were not in on this. Just those involved.

Everytime I drove though Myrtle Beach I would drive by an object and think it would make a great April fools joke. The problem was I could never make it believable. I tried for a year to think of a way to make it work. I had almost given up on the idea.
Almost as soon as April was over last year, the idea hit me. Since it would completely impossible for me to do a April fools joke like that, I can use it a a setup. By the way if you go to this website you can see the "object" a little better.

http://www.maydaygolf.com/mayday-mountain.cfm

Ant was so close when he said it was a statue in a park. But it is a real plane. I even have a total history of the plane if anybody is interested.

http://www.ruudleeuw.com/us05.htm

I took pics from different angles trying to get it the right one. The biggest problem was that I couldn't make any of them real because in every picture the plane looked stationary. It looked like a model airplane photoshoped into the pic. What made it worse was the windows were all painted black.

I loved it when people were pointing out how it was so obvious that it was a model plane and it was photoshoped. The green shadow. LOL . I guess shadows can be green because that was real. That was going to be one of my selling points on the pics. How can that shadow be fake.

I had to use the grass to cover up light poles near the plane.

I'll put the original pics I took up later.

Like it's been said people were waiting for a joke from me. So I guess the best way to make a joke work when everybody is expecting it is to give them what they expect. That seemed to work very well.

Somebody said that this can't be a joke because of the Thunderbird thread. The Thunderbird thread was nothing but a setup for the April fools joke.

The second phase of this is really self explanatory. Just read it. We had the idea of how it would go, but we pretty much made up the details as we went along.

The JBL part was not planned. He contacted me last night and I told him to go check it out. He made that post and I told Andy to ban him too. I thought that was funny.

Somebody asked me if I thought people would be pissed when they found out this was a joke. I said that it wouldn't be April 1st if there were not people that was pissed off at me. I hope nobody is really upset. It's all in good fun.

Every year our joke here always seems to spill out to other forums. I have always felt bad about that. This year I wanted to keep this contained to this forum, and it looks like we did. I always felt bad for the people that had fallen for the joke and posted it elsewhere.

I laughed when I saw people saying I was losing my touch or they had beaten me this year.

I think we should give some credit to who figured out this was a joke. Almost as soon as I posted the second thread Mabudon messaged Andrew that he knew that was the real joke.

I have to give a lot of credit to notanumber he was so intend on proving the plane was a joke. He did a very good job too.

Seedjar sent me a pm with this link

http://images.google.com/images?q=n...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

and simply said Gotcha.

I was told last year that I'll never be able to post an April fools joke again. I think I proved them wrong.

Some people said that this was going on and on. It was less than a day. I think this years joke was very short compared to some in the past. I hope nobodies feelings are hurt or nobody is upset with us, we were just have fun. Remember rule number one here is to have fun.

Well, is anybody going to welcome me back? :-(

No. They all hate you like me. :p :p

:down:

Wow, that took a while to read. How did you know what was happening? Do you have another account or what?

Ozzy was his first account lost password a looooong time ago. He made --->0zzy (a zero not a o) But after this joke i merged the 2 accounts so Ozzy is a o again and has all of 0zzy's posts with the Ozzy start date. haha, that's mildly confusing!!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS! :boogie: :banana2:

I'm surprised nobody noticed. Did anybody bother checking his account?

both accounts were in fact fully banned
I even removed his name from all listings as forum moderators
JBL was too banned. come to think of it. I should restore him also. hahhahaha

Welcome back 0zzy :D

Back