What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trucks

Well there ya go, you went the smart route...actually I should talk to Mr. Wills and see if he can hook me up with one! haha Thanks for the idea.

PS what do you mean a "controller" as in a new thermostat?

The controller is the electrical system that will turn the efan on and off... it has a probe that goes in the radiator, a relay to handle the high current.... Some of them are adjustable so you can adjust the temp it turns on at. And some just have a preset temp. They're cake to set up.
Andrew

Well I think i still do have pictures of the Z somewhere. I will find them and we can post them up. That was a nice car, and fast, but I will take my old musclecars any day!!!!

ok i didnt read all this topic, so i dont know if it was covered, but uh...don't get flowmaster. They aren't that good at all, you just pay for a name. Depending on what you get it could actually hinder the flow. Magnaflow is aight, but I'd go with Dynomax. I threw some Dynomax 12" glasspacks on my 68 Nova and it sounded like a helicopter haha. I got a considerable gain from it to, but it was still small, i mean..you cant expect to gain much from upgrading exhaust. Unless of course you get some amazing headers too

Maybe I will eventually get a chip when I am safe with some extra money I can definitely afford to blow.

Phisson, I heard that about flowmasters. Dynomax huh? Never heard much about them but ill lookin into them soon!

hey nep g,
if you don't want to run high octane fuel, be carefull with any kind of "chip" or performance computer as they usually just lean out the air fuel mixture and advance the ignition timing and require higher octane gas. just stick with a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust to start with. from there, you could add a nice set of long tube headers. these 3 mods will also give you better gas milage if you can stay out of the gas.

when looking at exhausts, also think about what they're made of. if you live in an area that uses salt in the winter, and plan to keep the truck a long time, i'd get something made from stainless.

tech...

Back