What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from my Southern California CP tour lots of photos

As some of you may know I just was on a trip to Southern California. While I was there I had the privilege of visiting 8 different CP collections. After logging over 3400 miles on our ’77 VW bus and snapping about 1500 CP photos I’m back in Colorado safe and sound. I thought some of you might like to see some of the photos. Here are a few of them; I have uploaded 769 of them to the Field Trip page on the CCPS web site http://coloradocarnivorousplantsociety.com/field_trips.htm. Let me know what you think. I will be labeling the photos over the next few weeks.

2007_3_26_Mike_Ludwig%20(54).jpg

2007-4-2_Steve%20Duggins%20(14).jpg

P1020695[1].jpg

2007_3_26_Mike_Ludwig%20(315).jpg

2007_3_26_Mike_Ludwig%20(311).jpg

2007_3_26_Mike_Ludwig%20(249).jpg

P1020813[1].jpg

2007_3_26_Joel_Stern%20(198).jpg

2007_3_26_Ed_Read_CSUF%20(246).JPG

2007_3_26_Ed_Read_CSUF.JPG

Awesome. Just awesome.

Tangent: You photos from ABG.

Neps labeled alata? and lowii x ventricosa? are correct. Nep labeled as maxima x veitchii is not, that plant is northiana x veitchii :)

And I have to ask why you did not visit me while you were in Atl?!?! :p

Wow! That Drosera is beautiful. What type is it?

Awesome Jeremiah! I wish I could have tagged along because that was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see those collections. A least I got my taxes done. Ivan said you had given some Drosophyllum seeds to the LACPS seedbank. Not a species I'd attempt to grow but some of the advanced growers will enjoy the challenge.

You'll have to come out to LA again when we have an LACPS meeting and you can do a presentation on this trip. I'm sure as with me, many of the LACPS members have not seen these collections.

Warren

The Drosera are, I believe, lanata and falconeri.

Wow!

Awsome photos! Can we get some IDs...on the PEOPLE?? :)

I'm sure you had a blast. Lucky you! Thanks for the photos...they are fantastic.

Thanks Pyro for the ID updates. I don't know why I did not stop by your place; I will one of these days.

Thanks again,
-Jeremiah-

2007_3_26_Forbes_Conrad_%20(39).JPG

from left to right…Jeremiah Harris, Noah Elhardt, Peter Elhardt and Forbes Conrad

P1020695[1].jpg

Mike Ludwig and Me

P1020813[1].jpg

Jeremiah Harris and Joel Stern

2007_3_26_Ed_Read_CSUF.JPG

Jeremiah Harris, Steve Duggins, Ivan Snyder and Ed Read

The Drosera are, I believe, lanata and falconeri.

They are beautiful. I love the D. lanata, if Pyro is correct.

Thanks for sharing those. I'm afraid if I log on to the bigger albums I'll spend my entire afternoon cleaning up drool off my desk instead of doing employee evaluations... lol.

Must have been some trip!

xvart.

Hey there Jeremiah.
Thanx for the gr8 photos and the leg work to see all these collections.I sure hiope that you had as much fun doing it as i did viewing it.
Lois

Thanks for the ID Jeremiah. I knew some of the folks but not all. :)

Back