Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seeds! :D

i think i planted them a little too close together... ne3p's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have an allotment as well as our garden, which is nice because it gives a lot more room for growing things. we don't buy much vegetables these days. the strange thing is coming from a consumer based society, i'm not used to things being seasonal (for example we now end up eating broad-beans twice a day for four months). we also have fruit trees in our garden, but we only planted them when we moved last year, and so we haven't had any fruit yet. i was sad when i learnt that the person who bought our old house cut down the Victoria plum tree.

the point at which you realise your friends are also nerds: you ask for a quadrant in the fourth dimension, and they say 10:00

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you eat beans twice a day every day? You can get anything any time of the year here in the US, I figured you'd be the same over in the UK. Stuff does taste better when it's naturally in season, for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great, ne3p. I'd like to return to that too. A tomato is much better after 8 months without them, without pretending that reddish orbs from across the continent or across the equator are actually tomatoes. That's how I grew up and I really do miss it.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonflower View Post
    lol i have a hard time imagining moonflowers (Ipomoea) as invasive... i'm surprised the dang things germinate at all with that ridiculous seed coat!!!
    I hear ya! I would hardly call either the moonflower or morning glory (Ipomaea) invasive and they might be confused with the bindweed, which really is. Bindweed flowers are similarly shaped, but they're different than the Ipomaea.

The sowing directions for morninng glories is to nick and then soak them for a day or two first, which is similar to that of Drosophyllum.

i think i planted them a little too close together... ne3p's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    broad beans die in england because of the frost. it is the same with most of the other vege that we grow. the ones that do grow in winter tend to grow rather slowly, and so you can't eat too much of them at once.

the point at which you realise your friends are also nerds: you ask for a quadrant in the fourth dimension, and they say 10:00

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. It's very bad to eat too many beans at once lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Yes. It's very bad to eat too many beans at once lmao
    Not in my family! LOL. My mom makes the best beans and chorizo… Mmmm so good… Not to mention her enchiladas with a side of beans. Okay, I’ll stop now.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who frequently have beans don't have the same problem as people who only occasionally have them. When I was a kid, my father called baked beans music beans and it took years before I understood why. Beans, beans, musical fruit; the more you eat; the more you toot.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast