User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm really proud of myself. I beat nicotine!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really proud of myself. I beat nicotine!

Some of you know how I've quit smoking. I don't keep track of the days but I've gone over a month without any nicotine. For the first 3 days I used gum then decided to go cold turkey. Now I hardly ever think about cigarettes unless I see an ad or a nicotine gum commercial or a public ashtray. When I do see these things, I no longer want to smoke or want gum.

Well yesterday I found a cigarette in my bathroom (I used to smoke in the bathroom a lot) and I considered smoking it.. but I FLUSHED IT! I'm so happy about what I did. I consider myself a non-smoker now

I just wanted to let you guys know how I was doing. I'm SO happy about how i've finally quit because honestly, I didn't think I could. I really didn't want to end up on oxygen and die from COPD like my grandmother did.

My mother, who was up to 2 packs a day, quit shortly after I did and went cold turkey, too. My dad has quit for just over a year but still uses about 10 pieces of gum (40 mg's of nicotine, take) a day.

The SMELL in our house is a total change. Now it doesn't have an odor and before you could really tell we were a smoking family. I can breeth 10X better now. I already had asthma so smoking was extra bad for me. And like my mother said, no one wants to go to a doctor who smokes. Our health insurance rates went down, too.

Like I said, I don't count days so I'll round to a month. It's probably really a month and a half. At a pack ever 2 days, for 30 days, that's 300 cigarettes not smoked, and about 56 or so bucks saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great!!!!
    I hope that I never start smoking for quite a bit of reasons.
    I'm also glad that you stopped!!! I know quite a bit of people that have recently stopped and I know from second hand experience that it's not so easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. I used to smoke now and then, but was one of those people who never got addicted. But my wife was a nicotine junkie for a long-time, a habit picked up from her father, and quitting was a tough battle for her. But she's been clean for maybe ten years now. I'm glad you're making the effort when young.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, congratulations.

it's so difficult to quit smoking. i used to smoke till i got sick one day. i was on my way to the TOOL concert and i was so excited. i kept smoking cigs after the other. i dont know what happened but i just started getting light headed, started having hot flashes, thought i couldnt breathe, i eventually threw up. i stopped smoking since then. ive noticed for the first week w/o cigs that i was antsy and pissy. i was angry at everyone and i just wanted to pummel anyone who talked to me.

im glad you've stopped smoking. not a lot of people can follow through. plus, many people dont realize how smoking messes the body up. i did a paper on COPD and how it affects our body systems for nursing class. i thought COPD was a disease that's a lot less serious than diabetes or HTN but it's actually worse. so, again, congratulations.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. Nicotine sucks. It doesn't even give you a real buzz. And smoking is just calming the addiction. It sucks.

It's a worthless activity. After the initial craving left, it was pretty hard to break the habit of not lighting up and taking a drag. I felt like I should be doing something and didn't know what to do.

Withdrawal was hard, too. I'd want to bit my dads head off for chewing gum or blinking. Literally that's how angry I could get. I was like "Don't talk to me, don't speak to me, don't even be in the same room as me!!!!"

After I threw it in the toilet I peed on it lmao. I thought that was very symbolic

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, good job Clint!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I've talked to people who have tried quitting before and they all talk about how difficult it is. So....Be Proud!!!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, dude. If smoking wasn't bad for you I would be a ravaging smoker! Despite what everyone tells you, smoking is cool. It just sucks that it's so dangerous.

Stay in school, kids!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast