What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Pics

The 'Fraiser's Beaut' has been Clouring up nicely

Fraisers.jpg

And this Ceph I clumsily dropped the light's on when I was watering my plants drunk... the fixture came down and to my horror decapited this Ceph like a Guillotine. Planted the crown, didn't cut any pods when they wilted, covered with plastic and hoped for the best. Couple of months later the crown looks good, a little sprout is coming from where it was cut, another sprout popped out and the other crown that was untouched in the incident never suffered...
Now I'm more careful when I water my plants drunk. hahaha......

Front
ECephFront.jpg

Back
ECephBack.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the Pics.......

Is that "Baines Kloof"? I'd trade my right arm for a cutting lol.

ALL of your plants are great!

awesome plants, Matt! they look great!!

Thanks ya'll, yer all too kind!
That's just an Old Regular Cape there Clint. Got it maybe the Spring of '03. Used to have a bigger puff of dead leaves but I trimmed it like a year ago, now I wish I hadn't after seeing that pic of the Bain's Kloof Cape.
Was just one plant at first..
I do have quite a bit of root cuttings of the Capes that are sprouting to be pretty big already. Probly release them at the '07 NECPS show with the King's and some other goodies.....

Wow really? That plant really fooled me! Good growing no matter what it is!

I love the Bain's Kloof D. capensis!!!!
It looks so cool, actually it reminds me of something from a Dr. Suess Book

Lookin' GOOOOOD quo! Real Good. Tank is really nice.... :rookwoot:

MAN i wish the insurance company would get back and let me know when I can order MY plants!!!

looking awesome!

Guess I'll revive this thread to post some more pics..

Thanks again fer that tank Shloaty! As you can see it's been real good to me..

Not like ya'll haven't seen Flytrap flowers before, but here's my indoor fella's...
FlytrapFlower.jpg

Close-up
FlytrapFlowerCU1.jpg

The traps
HungryFlytraps.jpg

Notice the reddish flower stalk on the right of the last photo, those traps have been consitantly Orange for a couple years, I'm growing them in stronger light this season to see if it keeps doing that. The large stalk is from a "Giant" form I got.

Drosera Rotundifolia. Common? Yes. But also the Sundew that Darwin liked so much. Plus I think it's one of the better-looking of the Dews..
Rotundifolia1a.jpg

The King Sundew really likes Dried Bloodworms
HungryKing.jpg

Ceph's
EqualCephs1a.jpg

Bigger Ceph's
MCeph.jpg

What a bombing run on Ceph's would look like
EqualCephs2.jpg

And now for some Nepenthes...

Ventricosa Red
VentriR1a.jpg

VentriR1.jpg

Newly opened Veitchii x Tiveyi pitcher
VxT1.jpg

Frontal
VxT4.jpg

More Colour
TxV1.jpg

Some newer pics of the plant with the same parentage as Dyeriana. As you can see the pitchers coloured up nicely with age..

DyerDark2.jpg

RedDyer.jpg

Cobra's doin good so far, newer, bigger traps on a plant I got a few months ago
Cobra2.jpg

Anudder angle for fun
Cobra1.jpg

Ny Heli 'Tequilla' not such a big plant but it's grown quite abit since the little, immature traps of when I first got it
TequillaWhole.jpg

Front
TequillaCU2.jpg

Back
TequillaSide.jpg

A close-up of the nicest pitchers
TequillaCU.jpg

My Landlord let me use a little space in his greenhouse (no added rent har har) and here's a Sarr hybrid I'll edit this post with it's name when I check
GreenhouseSarr.jpg

And a hitchhiker D. 'Marston Dragon' that sent out a flower stalk a couple feet high..
GreenhouseDragon.jpg

Hope you dig em...

If any pictures aren't clear or are otherwise messed up let me know if you could.. thanks!

Your first Ceph pic is pretty pixalated. There others look real good though. I like how your King sundew corkscrewed around the bloodworm!

Fixed and thanks!

Back