User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the American Bison limit carnivorous plant distribution in North America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's probably the case. Of course, things aren't necessarily that black and white: Animal and vegetable communities certainly do have major impacts on habitats (De-vegetation seeds desertification, etc.). In the meadow I described in the post I linked to, a wet fen was being transformed into a dry patch of European grasses and clover.

In any case, I had just noticed the interesting distribution correlation and put it up here as much for the laughs (hence the bison chewing on S. 'Leah Wilkerson') as for any serious discussion.

noah

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting theory, I bet that there is some validity to this.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vast majority of the Southwest and Northwest are too dry for CPs. I dug postholes in South Dakota once, and the auger turned the ground surrounding the bit into glass. It was that hard and dry. There's not much in the way of bog plants that can survive out that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12