User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which CPs will hate their pots heating up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKing View Post
    I disagree about the temperate plants generelisation...I maintain Temperate Pinguicula inside a greenhouse in almost full sunlight and temperatures soar in there. I used to have grandiflora, grandiflora x fiorii and vallisneriifolia in there, and all did well. I have now moved grandiflora and grandiflora x fiorii out of there to make more room, but my vallisneriifolia is still in there and is growing very well. I also have Sarras and VFT's in there and they all thrive. Dont forget that a lot of these temperate plants grow in full sun in their native habitats where it can get pretty hot, e.g a lot of the Temperate Pinguicula of Europe grow on cliffs in full sun.
    true but in general they also like a dormancy which isnt the easiest to give in a window sill setting..............my temperate comment was due to dormancy issues more than temp tolerance..................to my mind if you want to grow plants on a windowsill your looking for year round growing and not stuff thats going to be dormant for 3- 5 months out of the year........my interpretation of the question that they were looking for tropical type plants
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to add that I live just one degree north of the equator. The windowsill where I am going to grow the plants may heat up to the high 90s. I am keeping my eyes on the Pings and three tiny pots of Cephs there.

One good indicator of light intensity is my P. "Sethos". It turns maroon when the light intensity is high. I am worried about the heat though. It is going to be a green house in a tropical climate. That's no joking matter. The plants could melt.

How about D. adelae? Would it do exceedingly well in such conditions?

I did think lowland Neps but the ones I have at my balcony which I would like to move to this rack are large plants.
    Cindy

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it could handle the heat, D.adelae might be alright there- NOT D.schizandra tho, my friend just cooked his with around the same conditions you have
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12