What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather WTF

Okay on Thursday the temperature dropped to 33 degrees so I had to bring in my sarrs and my VFT that I had taken out to soak up the spring.. well today.. IT SNOWED. It was only very light! But still.. IT SNOWED.. It is April 7th.. AND IT SNOWED. WTF!! It figures that when I want snow, it never comes but now I'm trying to enjoy spring when snow rears its' ugly head again! So there's like 8 sarrs on my dining room table right now and I have nowhere else to put them... oi.. the temperature better go up tomorrow. x_x

Now let's just get this clear, mother nature.. 70? or 33? spring? Or snow? MAKE UP YOUR FREAKIN' MIND!!!

*sigh* Sorry, just had to rant a bit. *throws a rock at a cloud*

Well, tonight it's suppose to be 27 degrees here. I live in the most southern part of N.C. less than a mile from the beach. I don't know why you had to bring your sarrs and vft's in, it's colder than that right here in where vft's grows in the wild. Although I did have to bring my neps in tonight.

Yeah I brought my sarrs back in because some of them didn't even go dormant and I didn't remember which ones..so.. I just brought em all in. And I already lost 2 VFTs to freezey this winter so one more is unacceptable indeed. And VFTs that grow wild also grow in the ground where it's slightly more insulated than a 3-inch pot... apparently.

27 degrees in Southern SC?? There MUST be some weird cold front coming from somewhere. Just a couple weeks ago it was hitting like 76! Is it like this every year and I just forget?

Yea, damn weather i might have lost a hive! (honey bee)

Yeah it was 80 degrees one day, then 30 the next. We got hit with some bad snow, but I guess this is a typical Ohio spring. It isn't safe here until memorial day!

...oh right I even watched that video. XD It's kinda neat, did you get stung yet?

Yeah the temperature is really all over the place. Ohio and PA are right next to each other so the temps are about the same.

Depends if you're at a high elevation in PA :). BTW consider yourself lucky, PA is gorgeous!

ya tellme about it! the sarrs that I just got from the nursery have dried soil because of the wind. they're ok to stay outside right? just as long as I keep the soil wet?

I don't have any plants outside, but I will certainly complain about the weather. I just want it to be nice. The wind in KS/MO is terrible! My wife and I were car shopping this weekend and standing outside talking to dealers was TERRIBLE! Hope everybody's plants do well.

xvart.

Ahh I'm near the mountains but I don't think I'm all that high, but I do live on a hill and the wind is freakin' TERRIBLE....

And yes, parts of PA are beautiful. :p

Try living in Wisconsin. All I have to say. Wisconsin.

I tried living in Wisconsin. I'm in a worse situation than you JMurphy. Milwaukee is in Southern Wisconsin. I live in Northern Wisconsin <3.

85F one day, 9F the next. Mother Nature. >_>

I've only been to Wisconsin for a few days and that was enough for it to rank among my favorite states. But I spent several years in Michingan as a kid and living in the upper midwest is like spending summers in Mississippi and winters in Manitoba.

So much for "Global Warming".

glob_jan-dec-error-bar_pg.gif

If you cant disentangle global warming from weather, you probably dont know much about either

Weather: the state of the atmosphere with regard to temperature, cloudiness, rainfall, wind, and other meteorological conditions.

Global warming: Gradual change in mean temperature over a period of several years. People seem to think that will be the hard and fast rule, but then weather happens and they get confused. Its like, do you think below average teps will never happen with 'global warming' or something?? The change thus far has been .8 of a degree since 1980! not that that has been a consistant effect. Even if it is .8 (and it might not be) warmer today when its 22 outside thats still cold.

muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah..............welcome to my world :grin: sounds like normal northeastern MT weather to me................prolly more normal that you think where you are.............the problem *MOST* here are either two young to start actually knowing the difference between normal weather which is anything but predictible and long term global trends............also ive noticed alot of ppl here have not lived in one place their entire lives, often moving to vastly different areas of the country, this too kinda screws up ones perspective........here in northeast Montana its not odd to see 80 degrees in March, we have also seens snow well into the end of June(my elevation is around 2000 feet, cant blaim it on mountains).............weather patterns can change drastically from year to year........some places such as her more so than places farther south but realize everyonce in awhile you get some funny year(s) of weather...............its the kind of crap that caused famines in centuries past well before man *MIGHT* have started global warming

Back