Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bunnies found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nest isnt hard to get to, im just worried about the dogs getting to it, If the nest is moved more than 10 feet the mom wont find the babies, and the only safeest spot is some 40+ feet away.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it! My dad found a nest in the middle of his yard when I used to mow it, so I had to mow around them for quite a long time until they started wondering around spreading their joy on everyone else. It was funny because our backyard looked so good, except for the seven foot radius circle in the middle of the yard with insanely long grass! They are so cute!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It reminds me when I was at my uncles with my dad and was about to go into the field and look for golf balls in it when he handed me 4 stray kittens. They were so cute. I think they were identical as 2 kittens had the exact same pattern and the other 2 had the exact same pattern. All the cats grew up on the street and hung around for a year then one appeared around my area of town and the others left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they are very cute, but I heard that you should NEVER take baby bunnies out of their nest. Most likely the mom was out eating. I read that if you put the babies back in the nest then the mother will have nothing to do with them, so MAYBE if you put them 10 feet away from where you found them, that might work. If the bunnies are old enough to eat grass on their own (I'm not sure if they are, they look pretty small) then the mom is not needed much anyway. Best of luck, I hope you can keep them alive. Maybe take them to an animal sanctuary? Good luck, keep us updated
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd read a long time ago when I found a baby bunny in a cat's mouth, that if they have that white strip on their forhead, they are still dependant on their mother's milk.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, they have the dots, MY dogs would EAT them thats why i dont put them back Guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They Made it through the night, one ate a whole dropper of food, the others not very much. My mom is taking them to work where she can feed them every few hours, I'm just worried she will get in trouble, I know at school at the Ag Shop I could keep them in one of the teachers room and Go down every few periods and feed them with out getting in trouble.

Oh well, just glad they made it through the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    yea, they have the dots, MY dogs would EAT them thats why i dont put them back Guys.
    Well that's totally understandable Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad they made it through the night! What are you going to do with them when they make it?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast