Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIT Scientist calls BS on Gore global warming hysterics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose. In truth, i do agree that global warming will not be all bad. Most reports focus on the bad, not the good. In that this man is correct. I feel that there will be both winners and losers in the climate change.... as there always have been.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is right in saying weather is variable. What is true is the earth is no longer a pristine environment, and that is big government and corporations fault. I would assume things will not get better as a result of buisness as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres winners and loosers in everything tis the way life is............if the climate stayed the same as it is now there are still winners and loosers................personally i think im in the lil of column A and a lil of column B
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pretty lengthy discussion of Lindzen:
    http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...hol-testimony/
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler, have you heard of the movie "The Great Swindle" I saw a few minutes of it and it seemed pretty cool. I think you'd like it. It's basically got these scientist who are talking about how every basic theory behind global warming is actually incorrect and how it's being used as a political scam. Did you know that in this one country, ( I think it's belgium) the government has begun fining people who use outdoor BBQ's becaus of the gases they produce. Ironically enough, the government uses helicopters to spy on people so they can fine them, which in contrast produces hundreds of times more gasses than a BBQ. Fear is the best way to controll people Rattler, that's all I think this is. Who knows, mybe I'm just ignorant? I'll admit I don't know alot about the science behind global warming but something just doesn't seem quite right abou it.

(And I'm cereal) lol
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth ? A $30,000 Utility Bill

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Globa...2906888&page=1

I don't trust the guy no farther than I can throw him,and thats not far!

Jerry

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal feeling is there is no scientific evidence to adequitly back up EITHER claim. There is clear evidence that humans, through their machinery DO emit more emisions than the earth can efficiently dissepate. Is this causing "global warming"? Unlikely. The scientists base this theory on the last century and a half of weather statistics (from regions that were developed enough to take such measurements in that time frame). What is 150 years in a global sense? A raindrop in the ocean, again.. is this proof of global warming? Unlikely.

The other side is this.. We DO create too much emisions. We also obliterate rainforrests at a horrific rate. We also develop swamplands ect ect ect... That is fact and is undeniable. Should we be concerned and proactive about it? Yes. Will this reduce "Global Warming"? Unlikely, but at least we are finally understanding the extent of the impact we are creating on this planet. In 150 years will there be a debate over "Global Cooling"? Probably.. It is in our nature to fear what we do not understand. Untill such an understanding of the Earths climate is reached, there will ALWAYS be someone out there sounding the alarm bell.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neon-eon , did you see what the guy who was behind the great swindle said when a scientist emailed him with facts refuting his claims?

His email, It consisted of these words:" You are a big daft C**K!"

It was in the quick quotes section of several publications. A rather amusing read and a insight into the maker's vast knowlede of the subject, im shure
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12