User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problems.......................most of my friends and family are back(the cousin i mentioned above has been there twice now and he was just in the National Guards) the pics above fit with most of the stories i here about much more so than what i hear on the evening news...........when asked about it they all say they are happy with what they did and whats being done over there but they dont want to go back if they can help it.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the comment JMurph, I wasn't really thinking about people in your position. I wish for the best for you and your cousin
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was funny and took no offence. If only my honorable state senators would see the light. Think for yourselves folks, there are already too many sheeple in the population.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the sheeple? The only sheeple I see are those who blindly followed lying leaders into an unnecessary war and still won't open their eyes four years later. It would have been difficult even if planned by competent people and was made worse by the administration pushing aside military leaders who said how much force was necessary to have any chance of success. Leaving hundreds of thousands of American kids in impossible situations where some of them react by doing bad things. That's to be expected because it's been happening as long as people have been sending kids out to fight their wars. And the fault doesn't lie with those in the war zone; it lies with those who sent them there. Iraqis don't love or appreciate our soldiers. Many hate them and quite a lot want to kill them. It might be the worst f*ckup in US history and don't let a photo of soldiers in a playground blind you to that. Those soldiers are at great risk and some will come home dead and many more will return with physical and psychological injuries. Where they'll find we've been cutting taxes for the rich and continue to export entry level jobs so the rich can get even richer. While we're also cutting the social services many of those soldiers will need. So the homeless of ten, twenty and thirty years from now can be veterans of Iraq instead of Viet Nam. The patriots are those who tried to prevent this disaster and have resisted the Bush agenda every step of the way.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see positive stuff coming out of Iraq for a change, but sadly, I feel Bruce is still correct; these photos are not representative of what's going on in Iraq, nor do they provide any insight into the opinions of the Iraqi people. It's propaganda, plain and simple.
    These children don't understand why we came to their country or what we're doing occupying it. If you're an impoverished child in a war-torn country, anything seems fun and happy relative to watching your parents slowly starve to death in order to ensure your survival. All they know is that foreigners decked out in nice equipment are playing with them and giving them stuff. Those kids are smiling because for one brief PR-event afternoon, they aren't huddled with their family and neighbors in a shed hiding from sectarian firefights. For example, why does that woman on the see-saw in the first picture still have her rifle nearly readied? We're doing so much to help these people, and yet they can't even secure a playground well enough for two people to put their guns down? What, the other 200 US troops were too busy to form a perimeter? Yeah, let's reduce recruiting goals some more - if we're going to win this war, we need more tax breaks for the rich! Is this what's meant by progress in Iraq? I'm not going to condone the way Hussein ruled Iraq, but if I'm not mistaken, the playgrounds didn't need armed guards before we came in.
    I have empathy for the troops, and I sincerely hope that everything turns out OK, but these pictures (I've received these types of things in chain emails before) are a shallow, exploitative attempt at sweeping horrible war crimes under the rug of a public interest story, and I find that pretty repulsive. I wonder, does the following caption make the crimes associated with this man any more cheerful?

Loving father polishes child's bald spot, familiarizes child with Berlin skyline

~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muzzle down, mag out probly also chamber cleared and safety on ain't exactly at the ready.
    News of any story usually exagerrate and focus on the negative. Sells papers. There is good stuff going on over there and it's not just "propaganda" to show the positive and not just the negative.
    Not sayin everything's "honky-dory" over there either.
    There are areas that are stabilizing, not everything's as bad as Baghdad or "The Sunni Triangle"
    Before I get totally ripped into for saying this, I'd like to say we should leave, but we can't just let the fragile gov't collapse when we do go and let the country plunge into chaos and then a real sectarian war would start.
    A proxy one between Iran and the Gulf States...
    And then where will the innocent people be? Right in the middle of that much worse war.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Muzzle down, mag out probly also chamber cleared and safety on ain't exactly at the ready.
    You're right - the magazine does appear to be out. Good eyes. The way she's shouldering it made me wonder though. I'm not saying it's propaganda to say that there's some good coming of this, but I also feel like it's in extremely poor taste to make light of the real instances of abuse that have occured, especially considering how little justice there's been in those cases. That's like breaking your friend's arm in a barfight and then laughing at them when they call you in the morning to ask for a ride to the hospital. Not only can we ignore our responsibility for our actions; we can also make a joke out of the victims of the consequences! Hooray America!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast