User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol sorry i worded that wierd.......didnt build the house, just alot of furniature for it.....mainly out of plywood and 2x4's..........the family had no cupbords or closet space or even a kitchen table so he built them all..............my cousin is trained as a mechanic for the Bradley fighting vehicle and as a result has to stay fairly close to the front lines to repare them on the fly.........he CO found out that he is also a hell of a carpenter and put him to work making their base more hospitible and home like............putting up walls in quancets to divide up the space, building shelves and the like.........anyways in his spare time under the direction of his CO they built this family alot of furniature, took him bout 6 months working at it an hour here, 2 hours there ontop of everything else he had to do........they found a nice formica type top for the kitchen table that they salvaged from somewhere............he also made some plaques containing their batalion coins, one of which is hanging in the Iraqi presidents office..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    IMHO the best way to prevent this from ever happening again is to require that the draft be reinstated before any war/police action can be declared..

as long as only the few feel the sting of battle, its poison will be too easy to swallow

30yrs ago I would have never believed I would make such a statement

Av
    Not no but HELL no! The SS is already sexist as it is and I've got to sign up in like 8 months. It pisses the hell out of me. You know when you're just so pissed you can't formulate words to express your hatred? That's how I feel about that.

If they were to do it, they better damn well draft 50% men and 50% women.

Whoo, I'm not mad at you, I'm just... grrr I hate some of the stuff the government does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were to do it, they better damn well draft 50% men and 50% women.
    fine by me..................send the guys out for most of the month.................and for that one week send out the women.....................no war will last longer than 28 days
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including women in the draft won't get you out of it any easier Clint... there are too many fat people. ;P Fit guy like you is a prime candidate. Got flat feet? No? Bad eyesight? Go stare at the sun for a little while, problem solved.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't draft a queer like me, not as long as the republicans are in control

Besides I've got asthma and I'm my dad's only son so I've got 3 cards

It's a principal thing. I don't think women should be treated differently if there is a draft. If the feminist groups don't complain about women not being drafted, I say they aren't really for equal rights after all and are full of it.

Why am I getting so worked up over a hypothetical situation? lmao

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, that is exactly the passion and uproar that would have prevented this mess, hence my comment... imagine the difference it would have made in the decision to go to war against Iraq

Av

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Av8or got ya there, JLAP. The deployment of the National Guard looks like a bit of a "backdoor draft" in some ways, but think of how many folks would come out against re-instating the draft... then, if it gets put to law anyways, imagine how much more interested in foreign policy many folks would likely become. I could imagine a REALLY bad scenario unfolding in that case- civil war style even, maybe, and I would have no problems understanding it (and at this point I'll just quit- my thoughts on the stinking rotten military industrial complex don't seem to popular on this site )
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    the enemy of my enemy... tactics 101
    Indeed. Also, the devil I know of is better than the devil I don't know of. I'd take my chances with the devil I know any day.

Clint, there is no way our elected representation would send their children to a conflict if there was a draft. It just wouldn't happen. They have to worry about reelection. Isn't it interesting that our politics is more important than international issues?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast