User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Bush did go to Vietnam... oh wait nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd flee to Mexico if there were a draft, and I was over 18 or 21 or whatever, and it would definitely be a first for Mexico.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Americans dodge the draft in Mexico all the time. No, wait, I'm thinking of taxes.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abcat1993 View Post
    I'd flee to Mexico if there were a draft, and I was over 18 or 21 or whatever, and it would definitely be a first for Mexico.
    You know I've been thinking about this for some time now and I just gotta know, would it make you feel like a man to run away if the country that gives you the freedom you have now asks you to fight to give the kids of our country that freedom that the men in our past wars died to give to you?

People can get mad at me for what I'm saying but come on. You don't agree with the war. If there is a draft they are going to take males. I have it made here and I don't want to leave. Please take more females so they can show me how to fight and teach me something.

KNUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN AND FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY! You know other countries make it MANDATORY to serve in their armed forces. Pat Tillman turned down millions to go fight for his country because he said he needed to be tested to be a man. It makes me sick to hear kids wine and cry about MAYBE having to enter the draft. It's not even going to happen. But you know what, maybe it should. Maybe we need more men in this counrty. Does this mean that I agree with the war? No I don't but you know what, we are at war. Do I like bush? Only the ones on females bodies, not our president? Hell I even think bush should be givin a rifle and get in the battle. Like Washington and the men back in the day. But that's just my opinion.

Let the bashing begin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murphy, you won't get any bashing from me .
    Your last paragraph pretty much sums up how I feel about serving my country.
    Freedom is not free.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but for me, I don't buy into all of that "honor" BS. There's nothing honorable about a SEXIST institution like the draft or SS, then going to a WAR you don't even believe in and dying for a cause that had nothing to do with you or anyone you know, but about a LIQUID!!

What are we? Sparta? And who are you to tell anyone to do anything? What DOES being a "man" even mean? Does it mean diplomacy or killing? I for one go for the former.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are on the right track, JLAP, to be sure.

IF there was a draft, anyone who was gonna send the armies to war had better DAMN well have ACTUAL PROOF of the imminent danger. I honestly believe that a LOT of the 20th century would have turned out MUCH different if the "information age" had begun 100 or so years earlier, but that's not what this thread is about.

Folks like yourself (okay, maybe not exactly like you but you know ) would have a vested interest in being informed- knowing you were going to be asked to go and possibly die for something should make you more interested in finding out all the details.

IF the current force in Iraq was sent there by means of a draft, and IF things were going the same way as they are now in that case, I would expect some sort of insurrection, since it's becoming obvious that the only folks who TRULY care about the lives of the dearly supported troops are their families and their brothers/sisters in arms.... from the top down, they're barely even numbers- and even then, not the numbers that are driving ANY aspect of the policy
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have managed to make war clean and tidy on the homefront, too few are shouldering the burden of combat... we turn the war off and on with a remote control while our dinner cooks, we look away when we meet a kid who is missing an arm or a leg at the local Wal-Mart... we should be ashamed of ourselves, if war is unavoidable then let us not run away, let us not simply feed it our children but let us face it as one nation, for all the evil, pain and eventual glory that comes from a just and rightous war

We must ask ourself, how has the war affected me today, what sacrifice have I made, how many times have I thought about our brave soldiers, how many prayers have I spoken

god bless our troops and god forgive us

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast