What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Armed American Troops Force Iraqis to Seesaw Until They Talk!
teetertotter.JPG

Iraqi Child Bites GI In Self Defense After Obvious Torture!
kiss.JPG

GI Falls Asleep On Duty While Using Iraqi Child As Body Armor !
sleeping.JPG

GI overheard to say, "Talk or I'll tickle you till you pee! "
More Evidence Of Failed US Intelligence Policy.
holdup.JPG

Soldier Attempts to Eat Iraqi Child !
soldierkiss.JPG

Clear Evidence of Forced Labor by Troops!
littlehelper.JPG

Soldier Caught At "Tickle-Torture" To Extract Intelligence !
friends.JPG

GI Forces Iraqi Child To Hang By Fingertips!
hangon.JPG

No comment here. There's nothing funny about this one.
TrueMan.JPG

regardless of what got us there... regardless of how we are getting out, support our men and women who stand in harms way because we asked them to

Thomas Paine said it best...

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated

Av

LOL, those horribele men, LOL

My cousin is over there so I really don't think any of that was funny. Proof of abuse. You might have ment well but really now, not cool.

Your stupid, I know friends, and faimly members that go over, yea theirs some good things they do but people get hurt over their, we cant help that these little kids family members are shooting at our family nothing fun their.

Im against this war, Im against the United states government, but i still support our troops.

thees are cultures formed over 100's of years, but our 200 year old government thinks it has the right to go and Change what has such deep ties, and stirred the pot some years ago, The US government is dumb they don't want our influence!

JMurphy...........one of my cousins recently got back after spending alot of time in the thick of it in Bagdad and north of there......................the whole thing is just smart assed commentsto all those wo claim the troops are killing ppl indiscriminatly which is what the mass media seems to like to show...............sorry if yah took it wrong but i think everyone knows its in jest................BTW i emailed this to my cousin and he loved it.........

thees are cultures formed over 100's of years, but our 200 year old government thinks it has the right to go and Change what has such deep ties, and stirred the pot some years ago, The US government is dumb they don't want our influence!

point of fact alot of Iraqi's are happier than hell that Saddam is gone..........most dont mind at all that we are there..........alot are very gacious for our help getting everything put back together..........ive chatted with alot of soldiers(some of which are friends and family) who have been there and been through hell while there.........who have you talked to?

I guess it was the title that got to me. It's just hard for me you know. I love my cousin more then anyone can know. I should be there with him but I stayed for some reasons. Plus I didn't want to go army, I want to go marines together. He was back over st. patricks day and it was the best 2 weeks I've had in a long time. Now I don't sleep at all from over thinking about too many things. I have no problem with you. Like I said I think it was the title.

no problems.......................most of my friends and family are back(the cousin i mentioned above has been there twice now and he was just in the National Guards) the pics above fit with most of the stories i here about much more so than what i hear on the evening news...........when asked about it they all say they are happy with what they did and whats being done over there but they dont want to go back if they can help it.......

Sorry about the comment JMurph, I wasn't really thinking about people in your position. I wish for the best for you and your cousin :sorry:

I thought it was funny and took no offence. If only my honorable state senators would see the light. Think for yourselves folks, there are already too many sheeple in the population.

Who are the sheeple? The only sheeple I see are those who blindly followed lying leaders into an unnecessary war and still won't open their eyes four years later. It would have been difficult even if planned by competent people and was made worse by the administration pushing aside military leaders who said how much force was necessary to have any chance of success. Leaving hundreds of thousands of American kids in impossible situations where some of them react by doing bad things. That's to be expected because it's been happening as long as people have been sending kids out to fight their wars. And the fault doesn't lie with those in the war zone; it lies with those who sent them there. Iraqis don't love or appreciate our soldiers. Many hate them and quite a lot want to kill them. It might be the worst f*ckup in US history and don't let a photo of soldiers in a playground blind you to that. Those soldiers are at great risk and some will come home dead and many more will return with physical and psychological injuries. Where they'll find we've been cutting taxes for the rich and continue to export entry level jobs so the rich can get even richer. While we're also cutting the social services many of those soldiers will need. So the homeless of ten, twenty and thirty years from now can be veterans of Iraq instead of Viet Nam. The patriots are those who tried to prevent this disaster and have resisted the Bush agenda every step of the way.

It's good to see positive stuff coming out of Iraq for a change, but sadly, I feel Bruce is still correct; these photos are not representative of what's going on in Iraq, nor do they provide any insight into the opinions of the Iraqi people. It's propaganda, plain and simple.
These children don't understand why we came to their country or what we're doing occupying it. If you're an impoverished child in a war-torn country, anything seems fun and happy relative to watching your parents slowly starve to death in order to ensure your survival. All they know is that foreigners decked out in nice equipment are playing with them and giving them stuff. Those kids are smiling because for one brief PR-event afternoon, they aren't huddled with their family and neighbors in a shed hiding from sectarian firefights. For example, why does that woman on the see-saw in the first picture still have her rifle nearly readied? We're doing so much to help these people, and yet they can't even secure a playground well enough for two people to put their guns down? What, the other 200 US troops were too busy to form a perimeter? Yeah, let's reduce recruiting goals some more - if we're going to win this war, we need more tax breaks for the rich! Is this what's meant by progress in Iraq? I'm not going to condone the way Hussein ruled Iraq, but if I'm not mistaken, the playgrounds didn't need armed guards before we came in.
I have empathy for the troops, and I sincerely hope that everything turns out OK, but these pictures (I've received these types of things in chain emails before) are a shallow, exploitative attempt at sweeping horrible war crimes under the rug of a public interest story, and I find that pretty repulsive. I wonder, does the following caption make the crimes associated with this man any more cheerful?

Loving father polishes child's bald spot, familiarizes child with Berlin skyline
mj_dangles_baby.jpg

~Joe

Muzzle down, mag out probly also chamber cleared and safety on ain't exactly at the ready.
News of any story usually exagerrate and focus on the negative. Sells papers. There is good stuff going on over there and it's not just "propaganda" to show the positive and not just the negative.
Not sayin everything's "honky-dory" over there either.
There are areas that are stabilizing, not everything's as bad as Baghdad or "The Sunni Triangle"
Before I get totally ripped into for saying this, I'd like to say we should leave, but we can't just let the fragile gov't collapse when we do go and let the country plunge into chaos and then a real sectarian war would start.
A proxy one between Iran and the Gulf States...
And then where will the innocent people be? Right in the middle of that much worse war.

Muzzle down, mag out probly also chamber cleared and safety on ain't exactly at the ready.

You're right - the magazine does appear to be out. Good eyes. The way she's shouldering it made me wonder though. I'm not saying it's propaganda to say that there's some good coming of this, but I also feel like it's in extremely poor taste to make light of the real instances of abuse that have occured, especially considering how little justice there's been in those cases. That's like breaking your friend's arm in a barfight and then laughing at them when they call you in the morning to ask for a ride to the hospital. Not only can we ignore our responsibility for our actions; we can also make a joke out of the victims of the consequences! Hooray America!
~Joe

enough arm chair quarterbacking...

from a dear mate of mine whom I am @#$ proud of

Over the past 7 months we have endured at times hell. We've tasted fear, experienced anxiety, felt the adrenaline rush under attack, and gave it out better to the enemy than he gave it to us. The Coalition wins every time, but we do not, nor will we ever have the support of the people. We are occupiers of their country. Mind you better on his shores than ours, and this war is a long way from ending, its still the beginning.

I have made the best of friends, some brothers by choice. I have lived life on the edge, and many times, we enjoyed ourselves, call it a big boys club if you wish. At times I've been bored, scared, and mostly we were all quite comfortable, however, it was not all easy. Some long days, but its all been worth it. I will miss those guys!

There is no winners in this war, the country is still in a nose dive, and I don't think in our lifetime, we'll see an improvement. Violence is in their culture. We cannot force our way of life on others who don't have a clue.

All the training over the years prepared me for this, and more or less, it was pretty much as I thought it would be. As for being brave, well I call it being stupid. Yes, at times I volunteered for things because I compelled to do so, yet later before a mission I questioned myself "****** are you nuts?", ha! In reality, if I did not volunteer, I would have problems living with myself. I hope that makes sense. For those that have been, you will understand.

We all reacted well under fire, and conducted ourselves accordingly. The Unit had been delibertly attacked, and we stood our ground. We had been rocketed, mortar'd, and been in the range of enemy machine gun fire. We were also ambushed and fought with the tenacity that we have earned the reputaion for. Sadly one time, we shot a US civilian, killing him instantly, that was out of our hands, but we had no choice. His vehicle was machinegunned as he refused to stop at our checkpoint, and fearing yet another suicide bomber, we acted within our rights to stop him. He was 58, from Texas. Another waste of a man's life.

The daily bombings, some so close, our buildings shook, while others rumbled in the distance with large mushroom clouds and secondary burn.

Anyways, enough of the doom and gloom. Its bloody good to be at home. All is well with ******. The house is great, the weather is great, and I cannot complain.

Although I have left Iraq, a small piece of me will always be there in my mind for as long as I am alive. Many faces, the locals we hired who were killed, the friends we made who have no hope of escaping (to name a few, Hiada, Ahmed, Ali, R'iad - who just had a baby boy, the Atta brothers, and of course Fil our translator and scheemer). The Coalition soldiers who became good friends, such as *****, *****, ***** and of course the men from the new RIP (Relief In Place), who now have to endure what we went thru. I wish them all well, and a safe tour like we had. I also cannot forget the traitors who befriended us, and then turned on us. I never did trust Mohammed and his lunitic fringe of diesel deliverers, (I thought he was a bent LEC long ago). I am sure he is dead now, as he was handed over the the Iraqi Forces.

Just remember how lucky you are if you do a late return on a video or DVD, miss a VISA payment or get a speeding ticket. These figures are for Baghdad alone. Remember for Baghdad, and are only from his time spent in country, give or take a week.

IED's (Road side bombs): 4,806

VBIED's (Vehicle bombs including suicide): 874

Orgainised attacks with rifles and misc weapons: 8,559

RPG attacks: 356; and

Indirect Fire Attacks (Rockets and Mortars): 2,224

I do not see why rattler has to justify posting those photos...much less apologize to anyone for them.
If I am correct he was making a satirical statement as to how the mainstream (so called) would interpert the photos.
The war in Iraq is a bad war. But then there is no such thing as a good war.
Hundreds of Iraqi men, women and children are murdered each week by the various warring factions...all in the name of "religion". They are terrorists in the truest sense of the word, yet we are viewed as the bad guys.
I am at a loss to understand that kind of thinking.

Please don't turn this into a pissing match. I'm not trying to diminsh your friend's effort or anyone else's that has actually been out there fighting. The fact of the matter is, this war isn't about our personal freedoms - it's about shady economics at best. And I don't get speeding tickets, nor do I return DVDs late or rely on credit for my daily bread; I have found ways to support my nation without acting as a decisionless killing tool for others' personal political agendas. I feel good about that decision - for one because I don't like killing, and also because I think that invoking the wrath of other nations and world powers is a foolhardy way of protecting your own.
What is the point of those numbers, anyways? Is that something to be proud of? Does it somehow justify the enormous loss of life that this war is causing? Why not stack that up next to Iraqi vs. Coalition casualties? Make it into a pie graph - everybody likes pie! Honestly, people are dying, and they didn't have to - remember that Bush started this war. You can say how terrible it is and how much we need to support our troops, but don't point at numbers, because those statistics were all zero before March 20th, 2003.
I've lost people that I loved very much in Iraq. How many of your friends and relatives have died there? How many people do you know who've returned from this war and chosen to kill themselves after what they'd seen? Armchair quarterbacking? That's a cheap shot.
~Joe

PS - I'm also not trying to ask for an apology, and I didn't mean to come off that way. I'm pretty sure rattler didn't author this, and he doesn't have to take responsibility for it. I'm just sharing an opinion; that irony of these captions is a little heartless in light of the situation. It's just kind of disappointing that supporting our troops can go hand-in-hand with condoning warcrimes. Forgive me if I'm touchy on this subject; once members of your family are dying over a topic, it tends to polarize you.

I don't see anything honorable about this war. Nothing at all. What's to be proud of? It's just another blemish on America. I'm not putting troops down, not at all. They have to go over there because our MORON!!! of a president tells them to. This war is about oil and about how Saddam tried to kill bush's dear daddy. If you think it's about spreading democracy, you're kidding yourself.

What the hell ever happened to Afghanistan? Uhhhhhh... maybe I'm an idiot but isn't that where the real terrorist were?

And excuse me, but what are we doing about the opium trade that funds terrorism? Is this war on drugs really working? Come on. Fields of Papaver somniferum as far as the eye can see yet somehow the Turkish and Afghani and other government don't know about it? They can't see an endless field of opium poppies, yet they say they are our allies and want to stop terrorist? What? What?

Why are we ****ing around in baghdad, where they don't want us, when Darfur NEEDS us?

What ever happened to those concentration camps we call prisons?

What ever happened to Habeas Corpus?

The republicans complain about people not supporting the war = not supporting the troops, yet if I recall they are the ones who wouldn't even give the troops proper head gear. But hey, at least bush can take a month long vacation. Wonder what that cost?

And what's up with giving money to peanut storage and tropical fish farmers? WTF?

The president is telling congress to hurry up and pass bills so he can veto them. What? What? Who elected this guy again?

Back