What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Well Bush did go to Vietnam... oh wait nevermind.

I'd flee to Mexico if there were a draft, and I was over 18 or 21 or whatever, and it would definitely be a first for Mexico.

Americans dodge the draft in Mexico all the time. No, wait, I'm thinking of taxes.
~Joe

I'd flee to Mexico if there were a draft, and I was over 18 or 21 or whatever, and it would definitely be a first for Mexico.

You know I've been thinking about this for some time now and I just gotta know, would it make you feel like a man to run away if the country that gives you the freedom you have now asks you to fight to give the kids of our country that freedom that the men in our past wars died to give to you?

People can get mad at me for what I'm saying but come on. You don't agree with the war. If there is a draft they are going to take males. I have it made here and I don't want to leave. Please take more females so they can show me how to fight and teach me something.

KNUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN AND FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY! You know other countries make it MANDATORY to serve in their armed forces. Pat Tillman turned down millions to go fight for his country because he said he needed to be tested to be a man. It makes me sick to hear kids wine and cry about MAYBE having to enter the draft. It's not even going to happen. But you know what, maybe it should. Maybe we need more men in this counrty. Does this mean that I agree with the war? No I don't but you know what, we are at war. Do I like bush? Only the ones on females bodies, not our president? Hell I even think bush should be givin a rifle and get in the battle. Like Washington and the men back in the day. But that's just my opinion.

Let the bashing begin.

Murphy, you won't get any bashing from me .
Your last paragraph pretty much sums up how I feel about serving my country.
Freedom is not free.

Sorry but for me, I don't buy into all of that "honor" BS. There's nothing honorable about a SEXIST institution like the draft or SS, then going to a WAR you don't even believe in and dying for a cause that had nothing to do with you or anyone you know, but about a LIQUID!!

What are we? Sparta? And who are you to tell anyone to do anything? What DOES being a "man" even mean? Does it mean diplomacy or killing? I for one go for the former.

I think you are on the right track, JLAP, to be sure.

IF there was a draft, anyone who was gonna send the armies to war had better DAMN well have ACTUAL PROOF of the imminent danger. I honestly believe that a LOT of the 20th century would have turned out MUCH different if the "information age" had begun 100 or so years earlier, but that's not what this thread is about.

Folks like yourself (okay, maybe not exactly like you but you know ;)) would have a vested interest in being informed- knowing you were going to be asked to go and possibly die for something should make you more interested in finding out all the details.

IF the current force in Iraq was sent there by means of a draft, and IF things were going the same way as they are now in that case, I would expect some sort of insurrection, since it's becoming obvious that the only folks who TRULY care about the lives of the dearly supported troops are their families and their brothers/sisters in arms.... from the top down, they're barely even numbers- and even then, not the numbers that are driving ANY aspect of the policy

we have managed to make war clean and tidy on the homefront, too few are shouldering the burden of combat... we turn the war off and on with a remote control while our dinner cooks, we look away when we meet a kid who is missing an arm or a leg at the local Wal-Mart... we should be ashamed of ourselves, if war is unavoidable then let us not run away, let us not simply feed it our children but let us face it as one nation, for all the evil, pain and eventual glory that comes from a just and rightous war

We must ask ourself, how has the war affected me today, what sacrifice have I made, how many times have I thought about our brave soldiers, how many prayers have I spoken

god bless our troops and god forgive us

I think we should all take a minute to thank the men and women that have put up with hell to protect our right to be an idiot if one so chooses. (Don't ask my wife how often that occurs, especially my ex-wife !)

I am thankful that for now I can speak english by choice or any other language I choose. Go where I will and eat entirely too much food. The time may come some day when the front is on our doorstep. Do you think that the control and precision practiced now by our soldiers will be afforded the US ? Doubtful

Whether you agree with the war or not, we are there. Let's finish to the point of leaving the house better than we found it. There will always be sepratist factions since the "law" of religion requires death of those that don't follow. At some point the tollerance for "extremist religion" needs to be quashed by the ruling party. Tempered NOT obliterated. I'm sure the definition of extremist will be debated but it really means the disregard of free thought and speach in my book. My "thought" or interpretation of ones eternal residence should be allowed as free speech, my beating you till you see the light shouldn't.

Sorry but for me, I don't buy into all of that "honor" BS. There's nothing honorable about a SEXIST institution like the draft or SS, then going to a WAR you don't even believe in and dying for a cause that had nothing to do with you or anyone you know, but about a LIQUID!!

What are we? Sparta? And who are you to tell anyone to do anything? What DOES being a "man" even mean? Does it mean diplomacy or killing? I for one go for the former.

How about this then? What if we were not in Iraq? What if we were Afghanistan? The ones who attacked us. Then is it different to you? But then wait. Afghanistan didn't attack us. It was the group of people in the country that did. And wait again, that same group has people in Iraq and in other parts of the area. Now if you ask me I would say let's get them before they get us again. Because I bet you this, once we stop and leave, they will regroup and attack us again.

Or how about if they came onto U.S. soil and invaded us? Then what would you do? Would you fight back or would you run and get Lisa from down the block to fight for you?

I saw a bumber sticker with flag on it that said red, white, and blue, these colors don't run. But I guess that's not true for everyone who would rather be yellow.

What if we never went to war in the first place and handled it through diplomacy? Afghanistan didn't attack us. It's true. Then why the hell are we in Iraq? What? And what are we doing about Darfur and North Korea? Well? Our president can barely speak english but he wants to get rid of the immigrants who come here for jobs? THAT is the big deal when we have people in the middle east getting shot? WTF?

What if we were really fighting terrorist through education instead of fighting over oil? This is about oil and the fact that Saddam tried to kill Bush's daddy.

They aren't organized enough to invade us, now are they? But wait! They are a decentralized group of religious nuts and not a country! Oh my God am I taking crazy pills or am I the only one that gets that? By the way. We stepped on their soil and invaded them, not the other way around. We invaded Iraq. We are running the show and they don't like it. It's THEIR country, no matter how screwed up it is. I say get the hell out and leave them alone because that's what they want. Ever consider that maybe, just maybe, there's more violence BECAUSE we are there trying to stop the violence?

Instead of fighting using bombs, why don't we try just a little to make them understand that we don't want a "Jihad" and we don't want to destroy their culture?

I support the troops. That's why I don't support the war.

LOL this is not about the war anymore. But you what, I've said my part so I think I'm done with this. I just won't read any more of the babies going to mexico or canada instead of getting drafted in a draft that won't happen. Sometimes it's about self-respect. Saying you will run away rather then stand up and fight gets you none with me and a lot of people I know. We could be at war for a totally different reason and you all would still run away.

That's just ridiculous. Where's the courage in putting a flag-waving bumper sticker on a car? It's a hopeless war and, unfortunately, those colors are going to be running. The best we can do is to make sure the soldiers aren't discarded afterwards.

It was an old man who back in the day was a Marine so yea.

It takes no courage to put that bumper sticker on a car. If there's any fight left in him, he should be fighting to make sure returning troops aren't cast aside when they have trouble fitting back into our dog-eat-dog economy. And also by pushing his senators and representative to fully investigate the pretext for the invasion so future presidents will be afraid to do this again. If they won't, he should be finding someone to replace them who will.

You tell us not to be "yellow" and then you run away from my argument?

Have you considered a career in politics? :p

Wow a lot of name calling is being thrown around here.

Although I know a draft will not happen I dont support the draft. I would not run away if I did not support the war but instead would refuse to fight and pressure my represenatives to repeal the draft or try to have them recalled. remember this is a democracy and what we say counts. Also if you believe women should be included in the draft so strongly then you should pressure your represenatives to amend the selective service to include women too.

As for the connection between terrorism and Iraq, the terrorists moved in after we took Sadaam out as they would have been a threat to his power. Also Extremist Islam arises out of a feeling of desperation and hopelessness. This tends to arise out of manpiluation of their economies and governments by western powers. The reason the US is a major target of people like Bin-Laden target the US is because we back King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia who is one of the most tyranical leaders in the world yet we think he is great cause he like the US. If we want to stop terrorism from Extremist Islam WE NEED TO SAY THE F$#% OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS. Its as simple as that, leave them alone and they will leave us alone. Remember we are the ones with a huge troop presence in their countries not the other way around. Also we need to hold Israel more responsible for what it does and stop giving them so many weapons and letting them run amok in the middle east.

:) I complain to them so much I have them on by list of contacts at hotmail :)

I totally agree about Isreal. I don't see why the republicans are so supportive of it. I guess they wan't to be on Jesus' good side when the Rapture comes lmao

Whoo. Isreal sucks. Isreali's rock but the Government sucks big time.

Also we need to hold Israel more responsible for what it does and stop giving them so many weapons and letting them run amok in the middle east.

run amok? not quite, the Israeli's have had to fight to survive since day one...............unlike the US and other Western nations they take a very proactive approach to their national defence....unlike us who are mainly reactive.

im all for letting go of Isreal.................they will kick *** and take names and leave the Ilsamic nations around them beatened and bloodied to beat hell......near as i can tell the only reason they havent laid waste to the surounding countries now is because we have stepped in................but if your for turning them loose im all for it as well

run amok? not quite, the Israeli's have had to fight to survive since day one...............unlike the US and other Western nations they take a very proactive approach to their national defence....unlike us who are mainly reactive.

im all for letting go of Isreal.................they will kick *** and take names and leave the Ilsamic nations around them beatened and bloodied to beat hell......near as i can tell the only reason they havent laid waste to the surounding countries now is because we have stepped in................but if your for turning them loose im all for it as well

First I dont consider ethnic cleansing national defense. The reason Israel has had to fight to survive is because they stole their land before the wiped out the people already here. Too bad they didnt learn from the United States and wipe out those already there. Its alot easier to take land from dead people.

Also the only reason Israel even still exsists is due to the fact that we give them 4 billion+ in military support plus additional "economic assistance". With out our funding Israel does not have the economic base to survive. Also with out the United States giving Israel its newest military technology and training its pilots and other military personel they would not be as powerful as they are. Also Israel has started pretty much every war it has ever been in.

I do see however that you are like many narrow minded people in this nation and hate Islam because you do not understand it. Just as you dont understand that Lebanon has a very large Christian population but I bet you think they should be wiped out too.

Back