What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First animal attack....

Today I went to my back yard to check on my plants and my mouth dropped in horror. My new and flowering VFT was uprooted and lying by the pot it only had 3 mouths and had recently made a new one but that was snapped off.... My rubra looked like something had dug up the dirt around it and scratched at its rhizome and roots in the provvess. And all of my plants were chewed up some and had been "tilting" like somehting was grabbing or pushing on them....My first animal attack.... :( I hope that they live through this The main one I am concerned about is the VFT.

Dont be to worried as long as they are growing ok they should be fine... just repot them... unless they are horribly damaged. But us loving "hobbiests" worry to much.

If it'll make you feel any better, I fixed the typo in the topic name.

I'm sorry you had a run-in with those animals. I've had a few unpleasant experiences, too. We all have, lol. I hope your plants all recover nicely. :)

Back