What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

man, you cant make crap like this up...........

I think we need to take a closer look at our 2nd amendment. It says separation of CHURCH and state. It does not, however, say separation of MOSQUE and state. It is perfectly fine to support the Islamic religion in school.:crazy:

THIS IS INSANE! If they do that to Christmas they need to do that to Halloween as well. It was originally centered around Satanism, but has evolved (or devolved) into trick or treat. Christmas evolved (or devolved) to gifts all around w/ Santa Clause.

Uhhh..... Second Amendment's something else dude. Something that alotta people like to "interpret" even though all other mentions of rights refer to individuals.....

The facility to wash is not inherently religious, as the ritual associated with it is. I wash me feet on a daily basis but that does not dictate that it is religious. Other students can use the facilities to wash their feet in a secular manner also. Just as a priest can bless water to create holy water on public property as long as the students only partake in the ritual of their own free will. As I understand it the water itself does not become sacred until blessed by clergy, therefore in theory a sink and the water in it can act as holy water, yet you do not call for their removal as they may be used for ritual purposes. Again I see no problem with facilities to accommodate as long as the ritual action is only partaken in by those who so choose.

Uhhh..... Second Amendment's something else dude. Something that alotta people like to "interpret" even though all other mentions of rights refer to individuals.....

Oops, sorry I was kinda distracted and just put something down.... my bad

the 2nd amendment is the right to maintain a militia if the need arises to stop the actions of the state (or country).

If I want to bless myself with holy water...I go to a church, not a school.
If followers of Santaria want to sacrafice a chicken, they have a place for that. It is not a school.
If Muslims want to wash their feet...

Enough of this politically correct crap.

the 2nd amendment is the right to maintain a militia if the need arises to stop the actions of the state (or country).

Actually, no you're still wrong. It about individuals having the right to bear arms and that right shall not be infringed in order to support a state milita with persons who own their firearms and know how to use them.

That's like saying the first ammendment only applies to news reporters...

If I want to bless myself with holy water...I go to a church, not a school.
If followers of Santaria want to sacrafice a chicken, they have a place for that. It is not a school.
If Muslims want to wash their feet...

Enough of this politically correct crap.

So essentially what your saying is schools have the right to deny people the right to pray. Some Muslims believe that they must wash their feet before praying, therefore if they can not wash their feet they can not pray. If they can not pray when they need to you are denying them their right to freely practice their religion. And if someone wanted to sacrafice a chicken for religious purposes and they brought their own chicken and other supplies why should a school stand in their way.

Any sacred act that a practioner of a religion wants to perform whether at school, at work, or at home should not be infringed upon. I dont see why people make such a big deal out of this. Unless they take the anti-Islamic slant the article clearly had and much of this nation has.

Actually, no you're still wrong. It about individuals having the right to bear arms and that right shall not be infringed in order to support a state milita with persons who own their firearms and know how to use them.

That's like saying the first ammendment only applies to news reporters...

Ok well, I was half right and in a hurry. The actual amendment is as follows; A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

But anyway, those are technicalities. LOL Hmm, that would be interesting. What if the gov't got so bad that state created militia to fight back??:poke: :devil:

Sacrificing a chicken in a school.... wow lol. Uhhh.... sure why the hell not, just don't tell PETA.

Once I reported a kid for having a knife in school. Maybe he was just preparing a chicken for ritualistic sacrifice?

Interesting to say the least. We dissect frogs, why not chickens... of course the frogs aren't live when we do it. :p ... nor are we sacrificing them, but oh well.

Back