Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Sad Day...Tech shooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don't think it was the intent of this thread to start another 80 page asinine debate on guns and gun control and banning guns. None of you are going to say anything you haven't written in the past dozen debates, so how about having a bit of respect for the thread and the situation and taking your arguements to pm's?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster1 View Post
    Personally I don't think it was the intent of this thread to start another 80 page asinine debate on guns and gun control and banning guns. None of you are going to say anything you haven't written in the past dozen debates, so how about having a bit of respect for the thread and the situation and taking your arguements to pm's?
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    What is most important at this time? Second amendment rights? Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    edit: oh, and by the way, it sounds like student senators were involved in the process of banning guns. Since senators are the elected body of students representing students there should be no talk of how guns should have been allowed on campus. This is neither the time nor the place to be talking about second amendment rights.
    I guess that's the point I was trying to make, but was a little too long winded about it. My apologies for my little tangential rant. It was neither the time nor the place for it, either.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize xvart, I actually didn't get down to your post before I got annoyed and just added my post to the end of that page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I;ve been desensitized to this kind of thing, but it doesnt bother me. Yea its horrible, people died, boo ho. Yea the kids probably were messed up, but people are dieing every day, kids getting beatin, raped, all this other crap, but do you go and cry about this when it happens?

The media blows things out of proportion, playing the same clips over and over, 4 hours after it happens they have "special reports", It is dumb the way the media works things. They dont know any thing more than the swat team did when they went in.

Just another day in America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    nows not the time? hell im already hearing screaming that the second amendment should be repealed.......................when is the time?

Don't play stupid. You know exactly what I meant. This tragedy can set the stage for the type of discussion that the young man you quoted wants, but making statements like that only a few hours after it happened is completely insensitive. By all means, make moves toward progress, but AT LEAST WAIT A DAY OR TWO.

------------------
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 04-17-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Filter bypass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude calm down, people have their own voices don't be bashing on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is horrible. The thought of putting myself in the victim’s place… well I just cant do it. It blows the mind. Most of us, if we are lucky, will not ever be able to truly comprehend what those people felt and experienced without going through a similar experience ourselves. How sorry I am I cant even say. In cases like these, my instinct is to want to help the victims and their families. Alas, there is not much I can do besides send a prayer their way.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time innocent people are brutalized it is grotesque. Whether we are aware of it or not. Something like what has happened today just makes us so horrifically aware of all violence that it is overwhelming. It's just so heart breaking because it makes you feel like there is no hope for humanity at all.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast