Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What a Sad Day...Tech shooting

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In situations like this, that are SO horrible, you have to find something good in it. Those kids and faculty probably surprised themselves at what they did. I think its just a "reaction" situation where you just DO without thinking too much. Survival instinct I guess.

They said if they text messaged everyone it would jam the phone system. I don't think there is any one method that could have reached ALL the students and faculty. Many students were asleep during the first accident and simply got up and went to class.

On Friday they are asking everyone to wear the Hokie colors, maroon and orange in support of the school. Most of us are going to be wearing "HOKIE NATION" T-shirts.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    They said if they text messaged everyone it would jam the phone system. I don't think there is any one method that could have reached ALL the students and faculty. Many students were asleep during the first accident and simply got up and went to class.
    At my school we have been in the process of negotiating a deal with Rave Wireless, which is a company that "connects" the entire campus over internet and cell phones, with similar features as facebook. One of the shining features (especially now) is the emergency broadcast feature where every student would receive an instant "message" from the university in times of crises. For example, if there was a similar incident on campus, all students would receive a photo from our surveillance camera (if one shows the student/person) and telling them what to do (lock doors, stay inside, don't go to class, etc.). This feature is also used for other emergencies like weather and whatever else of which you can think. Not next August, but August of 2008, cell phones will be a part of student fees so every student will have a cell phone.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's considered that "cho" was heavily suffering from maybe school.

maybe he got angry with his hellish life and decided to

bring some "friends" to his way to the hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the school should've locked the school after the first shooting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some translation:

anti usa:

americans are so stupid.

they never cared when a korean middleschooler got smashed by a tank,

and little kids strapped with bomb and committing a suicide, and

now they make a huge fuss about a school shooting. it alright to fuss,

but being all "innocent and trying to look good" is very galling.

wha if a kid did this in remote area of africa? will bush flatter himself

like this? - from www.naver.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    korean korea blamers:

shooting happend because we didn't raise our children correctly.

and so on also from naver

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Cho Seung-Hui mailed NBC News a large package, including photographs and videos
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/
    NBC News President Steve Capus said the network received the package, which was not addressed to a specific person, in Tuesday afternoon’s mail delivery, but it was not opened until Wednesday morning. The network immediately turned the materials over to FBI agents in New York.
    “You had a hundred billion chances and ways to have avoided today,” Cho says. “But you decided to spill my blood. You forced me into a corner and gave me only one option. The decision was yours. Now you have blood on your hands that will never wash off.”

The production of the videos is uneven, with Cho’s voice so soft that at times it is hard to understand him. But they indicate that Cho had worked on the package for some time, because he not only “took the time to record the videos, but he also broke them down into snippets” that were embedded paragraph by paragraph into the main document, Capus said.

How... its really odd that he would do it. It tells us more about the motive, atleast
    that makes no logic

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast