What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite CP Moment

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I love to hear peoples opinions and thoughts, its just a thing of mine!

TF doesn't have a General CP section so I decided to just post it here in the Venus Flytrap section.

Whats your favourite moment? Something simple.

IE: Getting a new plant in the mail you've really wanted!

My favourite moments is:

When a Ping puts out another dewy leaf and when you kneel down, and look at it on level (as if you were a ping leaf) and you can see all the dew and it's sparkling.
When a Dionaea makes a new trap and feeding something to it and laughing at the poor bugs demise.

I thought it was a hoot when my almost ignored ventrata started sending up a flower spike. Another was this Saturday when my U. sandersonii blue and white flowers opened up. Pictures are soon to be taken.

I was really happy when my P. 'Sethos' made a flower, and now my P. moranensis 'D' is too! I also like watching Nepenthes pitchers grow from a tiny lil stub to a huge, beautiful pitcher.

-Ben

I thought it was a hoot when my almost ignored ventrata started sending up a flower spike. Another was this Saturday when my U. sandersonii blue and white flowers opened up. Pictures are soon to be taken.

HE DID IT!! congrats Jim! :boogie:

my favorite moment is when my first nep pitcher opened up. i was ecstatic!!
Alex

For me, it would have to be when glider sent me the Sandersonii blue :) I feel good knowing that I was able to make a division and send it off to another member yesterday. It's funny to think that a plant one of us owns may have belonged to another member, years ago.

Mine would also be reciving some plants you wanted for a long time in the mail.

My favourite moments is:

When a Ping puts out another dewy leaf and when you kneel down, and look at it on level (as if you were a ping leaf) and you can see all the dew and it's sparkling.

that is also one of my favorite moments, but also getting a plant in the mail.
especially if it's one that you've really wanted.

do you mean, "you first CP that lives, duh

I like when i put up a post about trading and I get offered something I really want. But I'm sure if I wasn't so specific in what I wanted I'd get more trades

It is a toss-up between seeing my first Darlingtonia in its natural habitat vs seeing VFTs in their natural habitat
Lois

Wow it’s hard to have just one memory that is my favorite, but one stand out…
I remember when I had set up my Genlisea hispidula to grow roots into a glass cup full of water to see the traps and I had to cover the glass due to there being algae all over it. The plant didn’t look so good and had not grown any so I never bothered uncovering it until about a month after the setup was made. I had planned on opening it to clean the water figuring that it was dirty and I was shocked by a huge trap that had grown in the center of the water! And the water was perfectly clean! It was just an amazing and unexpected scene that left me all astonished!

That reminds me I need to post pictures of it!

Wow! I didn't think the topic would receive so much attention.

I'd say something about a Nep pitchering, but my ventricosa, probably the closest to pitchering, feels like making leaves is more important than pitchering. After fertilizing it, it stopped growing for a little more than a week, but it's growing again, I don't know if it helped yet.

Hmmm...really hard narrowing down a single favorite...

But one of the top moments was getting to explore the Green Swamp, NC. THAT was an absolute blast! VFTs, sundews, pings, pitcher plants...WOW. It was 2 days of soaking up beautiful landscape. And I got my first fire ants stings. :D

And it was pretty exciting when, like Jim, my N. ventricosa made a flower spike. A first for me.

Those are just a couple.

My favourite CP moment so far has been whenever I take a magnifying glass to check on my seeds and I notice some green showing up. It actually happened yesterday with S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White' and D. muscipula seeds, so i'm still quite happy and anxious to see them form their first true leafs.
I'd also love to see CPs in their natural habitat, but haven't been able to so far.

Watching my first Nepenthes pitcher form.

When I found tiny red tubers on my stolonifera. But now I don't kno what to do! :(
Or when I got my first Sarr flowers, on my Rubra Jonessii!!!!

Watching my first two near dead typical Venus Fltytraps come back to life after dormancy.
Also, watching my first Nep seeds germinate.
Also, finding a Drosera seedling that spontaneously grew in my LFS.

My favourite cp moment was all of my nep cuttings successfully worked and on my very first nep also :) and also watching the gradual process of nep pitchers swelling and seeing swarms of ants on the lip as if it was a local bar or something :)

Back