User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: this is the reason for my rant..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Alex, how about um... You wait with that sort of thing until you become... how should I put this... glider18? Yeah, that'll do.
    ok ok guys. lets stop pickin on glider sheesh! my plants love me better than you all!!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Is that the reason you went around cussing at people and showing us links that actually were only vaguely related to what was really upsetting you?! Its a reason but its no excuse
    Finch.....my original post was of a statement by a student who was there and on campus.....i also posted a quote from a college administrator about the safety of the students...........i guess foolishly assumed like every other damn thread on this site that it was allowed to evolve into other things..............most of the other posts of mine were in defence of my original post...............most everyone on there including you told me to not get myself worked up because there wasnt going to be knee jerk reactions insupport of more gun control by those in power to make policies.............what you fail to see Finch is that is exactly what is happening.........this new senate bill proves i am justified in my own knee jerk reaction, cause i was right............i have appologized to PAK as far as im going to and i did so in private after she pm'ed me................put i stand by my statements, my apology was for the way i handled my statements..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well last i checked i wasn’t asking for a apology.

Secondly, that a bill was submitted is not really a big deal. The chances of any submitted bill making it to law as it is submitted is virtually nill, and making it into law in any form is still vanishingly small. It still seems like making a big deal over nothing. the chances of such bills suceeding... are poor. The chances of any submitted bill suceeding are poor, even ones that both parties can agree upon

You never once said there was a bill- you just went on a series of rants that we had no idea what was the cause. I assumed it was because of the data you had given. We were all wondering what the heck you were going on about.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly do you want, rattler? I see lots of passion for the subject, but to what end? You're going to have to formulate your thoughts into something other than strongarm words if you want people to listen. I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer. We clearly disagreed on some things in the other thread, but I want to hear what you WANT. I won't be provocative. I just want to listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly do you want, rattler? I see lots of passion for the subject, but to what end? You're going to have to formulate your thoughts into something other than strongarm words if you want people to listen. I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer. We clearly disagreed on some things in the other thread, but I want to hear what you WANT. I won't be provocative. I just want to listen.
    Yes. We have had alot of debates the past. Your last debate confused me. That’s not like you at all. Passions always ran high but we always stayed civil in the end. Whats different this time? Why the sudden absence of your usual detailed reasoning’s and articulate responses that I have come to expect from you? I want to hear!
    that makes no logic

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also don't need to be concerned about gun control legislation. It's not going to go anywhere (most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by cnn.com
    But public anger is not usually sustained very long, whereas gun owners remember every gun control vote as a threat to their rights. Gun owners vote the issue. Supporters of gun control typically don't. So politicians believe they will pay a price at the polls if they support new guns laws, even when most voters agree with them. When it comes to public opinion, intensity matters. Not just numbers.
    Reference: www.cnn.com

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xvart.....Finch............a bill quite similar to HB 1022 has passed before, just 12 years ago. i dont believe that its not a serious possibility that it will get passed again. yeah i saw that xvart while there is some truth to it i wouldnt bet money on it..........

basically Finch im getting sick and tired of defending myself when there are millions dead who prove my point that gun control or registration(which historically ALWAYS leads to confiscation) is a VERY, VERY, EXTREAMLY bad idea. ill give yeah all the facts and figures you want, give me till later this evening as im headed off to work.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, in the Daily News (very anti-gun biased newspaper) theres already numerous anti-gun articles even going so far as "see, that's what you get, you should ban guns now" which was particularly disgusting that someone would say such a thing to further their political agenda.
    There was also an editorial stating anti-gun opinions as "facts" to try and dupe the public.

In 1993 Colin Ferguson shot up a commuter train full of passengers.
    Law abiding citizens are disarmed, criminals don't follow the laws making those who follow the law easy victims.
    I take the LIRR every day to work and there was a day not long ago that someone was reported to have a gun and was acting belegerant. There was streams of people moving from the foward cars back and if this guy opened fire, all hell woulda broke loose.
    As much as we like to think it, this Country is not at complete peace and to be defenceless to criminals is just wrong.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast