User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: this is the reason for my rant..............

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    xvart.....Finch............a bill quite similar to HB 1022 has passed before, just 12 years ago. i dont believe that its not a serious possibility that it will get passed again. yeah i saw that xvart while there is some truth to it i wouldnt bet money on it..........
    But, after that bill passed, the democrats lost control of congress and have not regained it for 12 years. This, I believe, is one reason they will continue to stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    As much as we like to think it, this Country is not at complete peace and to be defenceless to criminals is just wrong.
    I'm also not sure if our population of crazies (I mean all the normal people) are quite mature enough for just anyone to be carrying a gun. I'm not for gun control, but I know there have been times when I wouldn't have felt safe if I knew the people around might have loaded guns, especially with some of the students I have worked with individually. I can just imagine when I had to remove this girl from student housing who had attempted to overdose on xanax and other antidepressants twice and had told her professor that day if she had a gun she would not hesitate to shoot herself in the head. She also tore apart and practically destroyed a ER facility room when I had her hospitalized the first time. "As the contract you signed and you agreed to states, you will be removed from campus housing if you violate any of the following agreements. Since you violated near all of them, you have no choice but to move out immediately. Hopefully you don't have a gun right now."

Again, I am not for gun control, but safety is an interesting thing. I personally feel safe knowing that everyone around me on a normal basis most likely does not have a gun.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, the threat of it becoming like the "Wild West" again is a bit much too. A lotta NYers are stressed and snap pretty quickly sometimes. Seen people fight over pretty stupid stuff before...
    Although in the yellow form, there's questions like "any meds? any mental history?" and you do go through a federal background check as well.
    That is, for the legal ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Agreed, the threat of it becoming like the "Wild West" again is a bit much too. A lotta NYers are stressed and snap pretty quickly sometimes. Seen people fight over pretty stupid stuff before...
    Although in the yellow form, there's questions like "any meds? any mental history?" and you do go through a federal background check as well.
    That is, for the legal ones.
    in all actuality gun crime in the wild west was less than today....most think other wise due to movies, tv shows and paperback westerns(which are a GREAT source of facts right?)..........sure there were fights and all but mostly they were with fists......the shootout in the middle of the street prolly happened often enough to be counted on one hand in any given year..........when everyone is packing a gun ppl tend to be polite to one another......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW Finch.................just spent most of the morning in the hospital with my wife and it looks like ill be hauling her up there once again before the end of the day.....please forgive me if im a tad late in getting my arguement up.....its going to take me a bit of writing in order to get my point across as i will be covering alot of ground........
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "Wild West" term is just a manner of speech, I'm all for CCW, just saying I can see the reasons people would be afraid of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quogue.............i realize that i was taking it as a particular period of time for a particular portion of the US................nothing more, but my statement stands.......most any run down part of LA, DC or Detroit would put you in more danger of catching a bullet than walking down the street in Dodge City or Tuscon in the late 1800's
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally speaking, an armed society is a polite society.
    However, I know an awful lot of people I would not feel comfortable around if I knew they were armed...unless, of course, I was armed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, I know an awful lot of people I would not feel comfortable around if I knew they were armed...unless, of course, I was armed.
    Of course then you have a much greater chance of one of you winding up dead. Sounds like its more problems and a bullet is not the solution
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast