User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: this is the reason for my rant..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    point of fact for Lauderdale, as long as he is legally able to own a hand gun, can carry one concealed. Florida is a "shall issue" state which means if you are legally able to own a handgun you are legally able to carry it concealed without getting a permit so long as you are a resident of Florida. so Finch.......if they are already allowed to carry a concealed weapon if they choose, by your way of thinking one of them should be dead by now.........

EDIT: in the process of putting together my long **** post, ive discovered something wrong whith what i said above...........you are required to have a concealed carry permit in Florida however Florida law says basically that if you are legally able to own a hand gun you can get a concealed carry permit with minimal problems. infact its a very simple and straight forward process...................unlike some other states where while they do have concealed carry permits availible its almost impossible to obtain one...................sorry for any confussion i may have caused.................i now return you back to your regularly scheduled programing...........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, thats not what i said.I said that their chances of living if they had gotten into a scuffle would be much less if they both had guns. By your way of thinking .... you contorted it into that they "should be dead by now" or anything similar was not even close to what i said
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My statement was meant a bit in jest. I have a very diverse group of friends, some of whom are great people but just a wee bit unstable and I get nervous just riding in a car with them.

However, since I take my "right to bear arms" seriously, if I see trouble brewing with an armed person I would leave the area and notify law enforcement. Shooting someone is serious business and I hate the expense of having to hire a lawyer and the time wasted in court trying to explain the situation to a judge.

Shooting a man, even if he deserves it, is still not a llegal defense in the State of Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, you seem to assume that just because someone has a firearm that they are required to use it. ive had a gun pulled on me before by someone who was carrying a concealed fire arm illegally, the person was also fairly drunk. his buddies talked him down before it came to anything. at this particular point in time i happened to be fishing with some buddies at a spot on the river that turned out to be someones favorite party spot. i was outside of cell phone coverage as well as prolly being a good 20 minute from the nearest cop. i was also on public property(state lands) that i was on legally.

i just assume that everyone is carrying a weapon be it gun or knife. mainly because at the very least most everyone is carrying a pocket knife around here, hell the one i got i use most everyday at work. i dont worry about Joe Blow that pays his taxes on time every year and works a 9-5 job at the office, the chances of the average guy shooting someone even if he is carrying a gun 24-7 is next to nothing. the issue is the same has its been since man came out of caves. some SOB's are not going to pay attention to the laws. they dont care if its illegal to do something, they are the ones you have to worry about because they have no reguard for the rules. these are the ppl who kill ppl. these ppl are the reason i think its better to be carrying a gun than not to. because reguardless of what the law says they arent going to follow it.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell even my mother has a concealed weapon permit.

People who carry a concealed weapon hope they don't ever need it.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    Finch, you seem to assume that just because someone has a firearm that they are required to use it. ive had a gun pulled on me before by someone who was carrying a concealed fire arm illegally, the person was also fairly drunk. his buddies talked him down before it came to anything.
    Well thank god for that. Hopefully there are always some buddies around to talk people into putting their gun away.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    raised my heart rate and bp for a bit but came out of it none the worse for ware. just usually haul one of my rifles with me any more, with the occasional rabid skunk that is run across around here its not a bad idea anyways. the individual i spoke of is now in jail for other issues. firearms are a fact of life in the US. you are not going to get rid of them with any amount of legislation cause the criminals will not turn over their guns. in such a case i would rather be armed.
    cervid serial killer

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have stayed away from this debate till now because I really dont have any real facts and figures to back up a solid argument.

Personally I am indifferent to gun control. I do not own one and probably never will. However I would like to know that should I ever change my mind, that I would be able to buy one if I choose. That said, I see absolutely NO reason why it should be legal, or necessary, to be able to purchase clips that hold 30 rounds of ammo for home defence. I see NO reason why it should be legal to carry a fully automatic AK-47 with a 200 round clip to hunt deer. I see no reason why a 23 year old kid should be able to buy boxes of hollowpoint bullets. THESE are the kinds of things that have no value in society and do not belong on our streets. These are not meant for "Hunting" or "Home Defence". These are tools designed with ONE purpose in mind. To maximize the killing effiency of the weapon. They dont belong in our streets and they dont belong in the hands of our citizens, be them law abiding or not.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast