User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: this is the reason for my rant..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve
    Hollowpoint bullets are designed to expand once inside of the target body. Therby shredding the meat, leaving bits of shrapenel behind and genarally causing massive internal bleeding and injury
    describes EVERY SINGLE hunting bullet with the exception of non-expanding solids. and actually hunters want massive bleeding. it drains the blood from the meat. every single hunting implement be it knife, spear, arrow or bullet operates the same way aslong as there isnt a CNS hit. massive bleeding that causes the blood pressure to the brain to drop to the level that the animal passes out and dies.

non expanding solids in smaller calibers such as the .366 and .375 rifles are used almost exclusivly for CNS shots. in larger calbers such as .458 and such solids can be used cause when your punching a half inch hole through something expansion is generally not needed though some profesional hunters prefer that an individual use expanding bullets on everything except elephant and hippo. you are also generally hunting something that bites back in which case your generally looking to break the shoulder and hip joints to stop the animal if your first shot doesnt bring about a quick end they also make it possible to try and penetrate the brain of the largest critters from any angle.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    onto the next issue
    Now I am going to single you out here Rattler because I know you are going to point out that you live wayyy out in BFE.. you need your guns at your own home cause you would be too far away from a cache' in the event of emergency.. blah blah.. The very fact that you do live out in the sticks means that if we are invaded, you and your guns will be little or no value to the country as a militia man. Again, the arguement over needing a ready militia is moot in that circumstance.
    im fully aware that i live in BFE, my wife turned down a job at USA Today that would have paid 4 times what she makes now so that we can continue to live in BFE

as far as a well regulated militia, the founding fathers considered every able bodied man to be a member of the militia. if Hurricane Katrina taught us anything its that you CANNOT under any circumstances rely on the government(be that city, state, or federal) to take care of you. if you want your property protected you must do it yourself. to do so you must be properly armed, which means if the bad guys have it you better be aware of it and be able to counter it. the government failed when Katrina hit. its not a question of if something like that happens again, its a question of when. chances are Steve, given your location it will happen to you before me. i am also not preparing for an all out invasion from an outside enemy.............one only has to look at Ruby Ridge to see that our own government is more likely to do the invading in this country, not some foreign power.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a homeowner I would rather use hollowpoint bullets for any application. The full metal jacket shells tend to keep on going thus not limiting the damage to the intended target and hitting who knows what else behind the bad guy.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if Hurricane Katrina taught us anything its that you CANNOT under any circumstances rely on the government(be that city, state, or federal) to take care of you.
    That statement could not possibly have any less bearing on this discussion than saying "Bubble gum should be blue and not pink". What does Hurricane Katrina have to do with the government protecting anybody? We are not talking about a city, who's bonehead designers built it 10 feet below sea level in an area KNOWN to be succeptible to hurricanes and expect it to last forever. It's not the governments fault that the city planners were stupid. Its not the governments fault that people were stupid enough to live there. Its not the governments fault that people are STILL stupid enough to rebuild it and try again. NO government anywhere in the entire world is more powerfull than Mother Nature.. when she strikes, all the militia, all the guns and all the good intentions in the world go right out the window. If your house and guns are under 10 feet of water, they are not much good to you, are they?

its not a question of if something like that happens again, its a question of when. chances are Steve, given your location it will happen to you before me.
    Yup you are probably right.. and givin the concentration of population where I live it is highly unliklely that I will ever see the faces of my killers if we are invaded. My city and most of the surrounding area will most likely be oblitterated from above by some form of WMD.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually Steve, i was going more for a very major earthquake senario than the WMD theory but whichever you prefer

actually Katrina has bearing......same thing has happened to Florida and other gulf coast states in the past........major hurricane strikes land, local and state police get tied up helping th injured and evacuating ppl and individual home owners are sometimes stranded and have to protect themselves their family and their property for days or weeks till roads are cleared and order restored.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW i agree on the whole stupidity of being below sealevel........was actually hoping more crap would have been thrown twords the Corps of Engineers, that way maybe we could have been able to declare them inept and taken control of the dams on the upper missouri away from them and into the hands of the states
    cervid serial killer

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you wanna go by the earthquake thing.. you are probably more likely to be killed by a tornado than I am to be killed in a quake. Believe it or not, about 50x as many people die each year in America from tornados than earthquakes. The major quake in the Bay Area in 1989 killed 63 people, most of them when the overhead roadway collapsed onto the traffic on the lower level. In the 18 years since, there have been a total of 70 deaths in the US as a result of earthquakes.

Now back to the topic... You say that after a major event such as a quake or a Katrina, that you may need to protect yourself and your property for days or even weeks. You are trying to tell me that you can not do that with a 9mm pistol with a 9 rd 'magazine' (I better not slip on that one again eh?)? You must have a 30 rd magazine to protect yourself? Or a rifle that lets you kill from a half mile away? Are you tring to tell me that its necessary to have THAT kind of arsenal at your disposal to protect your home and family after a major natural disaster? C'mon man....
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people who have PC tolerated guns that don't support those with the evil "Black Guns" are looked down upon in the Society. Sorry, but that's how it goes...
    The Second Amendment also states that an Individuals rights shall not be infringed.
    You also forget that we speak of having the People have the power in the Gov't. Having a secure cache would be useless when the Gov't has the keys.
    The Milita arguement is an Anti-Gunner arguement. The other Amendments are about individuals rights. That's like saying the 1st is only for News reporters...
    Long Island has a rich history of being on the Frontlines and Behind the lines of some of the largest conflicts on American soil. Oh, and did I say I was alone or unorganized?
    Police use HP's btw.
    btw I'm not the one talking about taking anyone out here, don't know what you meant by that but having a Bow in a Firefight is laughable. You'd be outranged and powered by a Looooonnnnnggggg shot.

Not lookin for any bad blood. This is a subject I feel strongly about as do many other Americans and I will defend my position.

I'm quite active in the defence of the Second Amendment and am quite well-informed in the history of gun laws and their effects in many countries throughout history.
    Your opinions are respected but it's all just well-meaning philosophy...

Most people that own these types of Firearms are Serious, involved people.
    I would be worried about the loner with an arsenal as well but the fact is that is just an ugly stereotype and not appreciated whatsoever.

(this was for an earlier post, alot filled in since)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast