User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School Shootings (warning: graphic content inside)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a forum... if a thread is inappropriate delete it. If you personally find it offensive don't read it.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum is Moderated by consensus.

I found the thread inappropriate but while I have the power to delete it I recognize that my feelings alone are not just enough reason to enact that power. So I asked the other Mods for opinions and Alexis chose to see if any members found it offensive. I posted my objections because they were asked for.

The Mods are not totalitarian, the last thing we want is to become GardenWeb.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I think you can discuss the tragedy and trends of mass murder events without outlining the gore in such graphic detail. That's not needed to make a point. Its more sensationalism than points of discussion.

yep. totally agree. a listing of the names would've been fine.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I think you can discuss the tragedy and trends of mass murder events without outlining the gore in such graphic detail. That's not needed to make a point. Its more sensationalism than points of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiana54 View Post
    yep. totally agree. a listing of the names would've been fine.

agree also.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I have always found it annoying when people just cut and paste large volumes of information and post it. Seeing a large list of names does not help me comprehend the causes of these attacks anymore than a listing of all the dead would help me understand the political situation that resulted in World War II. As to if I find it offensive don't read it - I have to read it to find it offensive and by that time its already too late- I'm already offended or I have realized I've wasted my time reading a senseless list. I either already remember the incident or if I don't the list merely tells a list of victim names which I find serves no purpose. This is just my opinion - but I'm sticking to it.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a forum... if a thread is inappropriate delete it. If you personally find it offensive don't read it.
    I agree with that but there is no warning in the topic title that there is graphic description in the text, not giving the reader a chance to "not read it" until they are already there.

As to if I find it offensive don't read it - I have to read it to find it offensive and by that time its already too late
    Most people make a note there for things like graphic text or pics or if there are tons of pics as a warning for dial-up users.

Personally I see such gruesome detail as being more sensational or for "gross out" factor than essential for discussion.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea... edit the topic title. "This is probably going to offend you...". That seems to be the consensus.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you dont quite understand why people are offended. maybe we should cover how they maximze there "kill", lol you digust me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast