Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America - New Album ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I wasn't so tired and feeble I might respond to that.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiana54 View Post
    wait a minute....America as in "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name"?
    That's the right sing and group. Surprised that you know of them. That song went to #1 in the spring of 1972.

.... and my METS have the best record in the majors! John Maine just pitched a 1-hitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    That's the right sing and group. Surprised that you know of them. That song went to #1 in the spring of 1972.

.... and my METS have the best record in the majors! John Maine just pitched a 1-hitter.
    I grew up listening to the Beatles, America, Chicago, Led, Pink Floyd.....

The Mets are actually doing good this year but the Braves are just 1/2 a game behind. Sunday's game should be awesome with Smoltz and Glavine pitching. Tom Glavine is getting older but he still rocks my world.
    I'm excited about the Red Sox and the Yankees game too! Dice-K is pitching against Chase Wright so that should be an interesting game (just as long as Dice-K doesnt mess up one inning like he did a couple of days ago). Did you see A-Rod's play last nite? The man is a monster. He's got 10 homers for the season already!! I guess ESPN is calling him the best player for the year...well, right now at least.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeztor View Post
    You guys are old.
    What?!!!!! We're not old! We're baby-boomers. We are perpetually youthful. Aging is a major insult to us'ns! I'm 18 and gonna stay that way!

"....Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide ..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiana54 View Post
    I grew up listening to the Beatles, America, Chicago, Led, Pink Floyd.....

The Mets are actually doing good this year but the Braves are just 1/2 a game behind. Sunday's game should be awesome with Smoltz and Glavine pitching. Tom Glavine is getting older but he still rocks my world.
    I'm excited about the Red Sox and the Yankees game too! Dice-K is pitching against Chase Wright so that should be an interesting game (just as long as Dice-K doesnt mess up one inning like he did a couple of days ago). Did you see A-Rod's play last nite? The man is a monster. He's got 10 homers for the season already!! I guess ESPN is calling him the best player for the year...well, right now at least.
    I've got A 21 year old co-worker who absolutely loves Disco music (as I did when I was a teen). Talking to her about that and it turned out that she grew up listening to her parent's albums. It's basically the same thing as Techno, just dressed a little differently.

Yeah the Mets & Braves are leap-frogging the lead. I was surprised to see the Braves rebound like that and just as surprised that the Phillies didn't have their acts together.

I grew up as a Red Sox fan, secondarily to the Mets. This may sound strange, but I also grew up as an anti-Yankee fan. I mean, they're in opposite leagues, so there's room to root for both. But a lot of us Long Islanders just do that - root for one and hate the other. Is it like that in Chicago - love the Chisox and hate the Cubs... and vice-versa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Is it like that in Chicago - love the Chisox and hate the Cubs... and vice-versa?
    Yes. Most Sox fans just totallyhate the Cubs. Me, I just don't like Cubs fans (drunken yuppies) and that stupid Royal Blue uniform.

Man, Sox fans had a fiesta when Steve Bartman caught the foulball during the Marlins/Cubs game back in '03 and when Sammy busted out his corked bat.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, heh you said "Bartman". Poor guy is never gonna get a break, oops sorry that was the Cubs

Jimscott you've got it right "We are perpetually youthful" but I don't think my wife would think I've hit 18 yet. I do remember listening to WLS (Chicago) at night for "Boogie Check".
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody remember a group called Paper Lace and the mistake in their lyrics?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast