Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America - New Album ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember a mistake in their lyrics, but didn't they do The Night Chicago Died? An awful song that I used to like when I was 14 or so but that haunts me now occasionally when it re-enters my brain. Like now. Damn you jimscott.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I don't remember a mistake in their lyrics, but didn't they do The Night Chicago Died? An awful song that I used to like when I was 14 or so but that haunts me now occasionally when it re-enters my brain. Like now. Damn you jimscott.
    Why thank you, Bruce! And I remember it fondly... "Daddy was a cop... on the eastside of Chicago..."

According to maybe Kasey Kasem the story goes that their choice of eastide of Chicago was unrealistic because there wasn't an eastside. And something about a Great Lake...

That group also had their version of another song you're bound to hate: "Billy Don't Be A Hero". Amd I'm sure nobody has ever heard of, "The Blackeyed Boys". Went to like #29 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also did Billy Don't be a Hero?!? How is that possible? If there's any justice, the band members will be reincarnated as flies in a room full of VFTs. Over and over again. I don't know The Blackeyed Boys but, given that track record, I'm glad about that.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can take him Bruce. I'll distract him with a vft and you whack him with a pot 'O utrics. Now those dang songs are gonna be stuck in my head all day, Thanks Jim !

BTW, I was able to get tickets in a good spot (seats) for not too much money. The wife was Happy ! Which makes me Happy !

Billy don't be a .. aaarrghhh..
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did someone say 'VFT'? And did you know that "Horse...." was part of a double-sided release, with a song called, "I Need You"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my dad tix for the show in Chicago on the 30th of June. Droseraguy, are you going to the show?
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, the wife and I will be there. Section 205 I think.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome!!

dad and mom are in sec 201.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast