What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - New Album ?

• Thread starter droseraguy
  • Start date

droseraguy

Illinois
I just found out that America has a new album out (sorry kids I won't break the habit and say CD). They are appearing in Chicago this June w/ Chicago of all bands. The only problem is that tix are $$ ! 100 for grass/mud seats and over 200 for actual seat seats. :-(

They are in Conrad Ca shortly after too. That's near one of our Bugfriends. :poke: He's probably already got tickets.

wait a minute....America as in "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name"?

wait a minute....America as in "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name"?

I thought that was Neil Young.

xvart.

Yep, jiana54 and "Ventura Highway" my favorite. I have to confess ignorance about the tickets, a friend and I just figured out they aren't available through ticketmaster till this Sat. :blush: It's been a while folks, I think my last concert was in '91 ?

Hey jiana54 have you ever been to the Pavillion on "Formerly Meigs Field". What kind of seats should I be looking for ?

I was really happy to see the topic title said "album." :D

Yep, jiana54 and "Ventura Highway" my favorite. I have to confess ignorance about the tickets, a friend and I just figured out they aren't available through ticketmaster till this Sat. :blush: It's been a while folks, I think my last concert was in '91 ?

Hey jiana54 have you ever been to the Pavillion on "Formerly Meigs Field". What kind of seats should I be looking for ?

Never been to the Pav. So sorry

Haven't heard too much of their stuff, but what I have heard I've loved. Hope you manage to get some good tickets. hehe :)

You guys are old.

If I wasn't so tired and feeble I might respond to that.

That's the right sing and group. Surprised that you know of them. That song went to #1 in the spring of 1972.

.... and my METS have the best record in the majors! John Maine just pitched a 1-hitter.

That's the right sing and group. Surprised that you know of them. That song went to #1 in the spring of 1972.

.... and my METS have the best record in the majors! John Maine just pitched a 1-hitter.

I grew up listening to the Beatles, America, Chicago, Led, Pink Floyd.....

The Mets are actually doing good this year but the Braves are just 1/2 a game behind. Sunday's game should be awesome with Smoltz and Glavine pitching. Tom Glavine is getting older but he still rocks my world.
I'm excited about the Red Sox and the Yankees game too! Dice-K is pitching against Chase Wright so that should be an interesting game (just as long as Dice-K doesnt mess up one inning like he did a couple of days ago). Did you see A-Rod's play last nite? The man is a monster. He's got 10 homers for the season already!! I guess ESPN is calling him the best player for the year...well, right now at least.

You guys are old.

What?!!!!! We're not old! We're baby-boomers. We are perpetually youthful. Aging is a major insult to us'ns! I'm 18 and gonna stay that way!

"....Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide ..."

I grew up listening to the Beatles, America, Chicago, Led, Pink Floyd.....

The Mets are actually doing good this year but the Braves are just 1/2 a game behind. Sunday's game should be awesome with Smoltz and Glavine pitching. Tom Glavine is getting older but he still rocks my world.
I'm excited about the Red Sox and the Yankees game too! Dice-K is pitching against Chase Wright so that should be an interesting game (just as long as Dice-K doesnt mess up one inning like he did a couple of days ago). Did you see A-Rod's play last nite? The man is a monster. He's got 10 homers for the season already!! I guess ESPN is calling him the best player for the year...well, right now at least.

I've got A 21 year old co-worker who absolutely loves Disco music (as I did when I was a teen). Talking to her about that and it turned out that she grew up listening to her parent's albums. It's basically the same thing as Techno, just dressed a little differently.

Yeah the Mets & Braves are leap-frogging the lead. I was surprised to see the Braves rebound like that and just as surprised that the Phillies didn't have their acts together.

I grew up as a Red Sox fan, secondarily to the Mets. This may sound strange, but I also grew up as an anti-Yankee fan. I mean, they're in opposite leagues, so there's room to root for both. But a lot of us Long Islanders just do that - root for one and hate the other. Is it like that in Chicago - love the Chisox and hate the Cubs... and vice-versa?

Is it like that in Chicago - love the Chisox and hate the Cubs... and vice-versa?

Yes. Most Sox fans just totallyhate the Cubs. Me, I just don't like Cubs fans (drunken yuppies) and that stupid Royal Blue uniform.

Man, Sox fans had a fiesta when Steve Bartman caught the foulball during the Marlins/Cubs game back in '03 and when Sammy busted out his corked bat.

Heh, heh you said "Bartman". Poor guy is never gonna get a break, oops sorry that was the Cubs :jester:

Jimscott you've got it right "We are perpetually youthful" but I don't think my wife would think I've hit 18 yet. I do remember listening to WLS (Chicago) at night for "Boogie Check". :-O

Anybody remember a group called Paper Lace and the mistake in their lyrics?

I don't remember a mistake in their lyrics, but didn't they do The Night Chicago Died? An awful song that I used to like when I was 14 or so but that haunts me now occasionally when it re-enters my brain. Like now. Damn you jimscott.

I don't remember a mistake in their lyrics, but didn't they do The Night Chicago Died? An awful song that I used to like when I was 14 or so but that haunts me now occasionally when it re-enters my brain. Like now. Damn you jimscott.

Why thank you, Bruce! And I remember it fondly... "Daddy was a cop... on the eastside of Chicago..."

According to maybe Kasey Kasem the story goes that their choice of eastide of Chicago was unrealistic because there wasn't an eastside. And something about a Great Lake...

That group also had their version of another song you're bound to hate: "Billy Don't Be A Hero". Amd I'm sure nobody has ever heard of, "The Blackeyed Boys". Went to like #29 or so.

They also did Billy Don't be a Hero?!? How is that possible? If there's any justice, the band members will be reincarnated as flies in a room full of VFTs. Over and over again. I don't know The Blackeyed Boys but, given that track record, I'm glad about that.

I think we can take him Bruce. I'll distract him with a vft and you whack him with a pot 'O utrics. Now those dang songs are gonna be stuck in my head all day, Thanks Jim !

BTW, I was able to get tickets in a good spot (seats) for not too much money. The wife was Happy ! Which makes me Happy !

Billy don't be a .. aaarrghhh.. :banana2:

Back