Thread: Culturing Trichoderma

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Holy hell a bioweapon?

I'm gonna get busted by the feds for this lmao.
    That and your metal halide light emissions coming through your windows!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the ricin from my mom's castor plants!

Where's rattler and his guns when I need him? JUST KIDDING! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Av said, if you make a slurry and then drain off the water you should have enough spores in it to innoculate. I would recommend you get a small length of cheese cloth so you can get the most water out. Failing that you can always just use an old coffee pot and filter. And the bonus is that you can respread the conrmeal and any remaining spores will continure to grow.

As far as the cops coming for you based on your HID... Going on 4 years with an HID in my sunroom plainly visible to god and everyone and I have yet to see the cops.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    .....Going on 4 years with an HID in my sunroom plainly visible to god and everyone and I have yet to see the cops.
    (cartoon thought ballon above pyro's head) but these DEA and GBI boys keep walking their German Shepherds up and down the street in front of my house... hmmm and they never have their pooper scoopers

Once upon a time, long long ago (1980-81ish) I had a HID outfit in northern Ga. off of hwy41, I got a lil visit from the boys.. but they thought I was making shine....

they never did see that trap door behind those bales of hay

I think it was somewhere down on copperhead road

ahhh to be that young and dumb again...

Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my two inoculates today. These are what will be used to start cultures with. Notice my horrific handwriting Those of you who have traded with me know it's miraculous you even get my packages!

It's got a cup of rice in each one, and when I get to the store and the washed perlite dries, will have 2 cups of perlite in each and 2 cups of corn meal in each. Perlite would be so I can have something I can use over and over again to start new batches (instead of recycling old corn meal and rice. YUCK!) and also to loosen up the media a bit.

Air holes

If I get interest in this, I can write up a pictorial how-to and maybe it can be a sticky or something. I'm going to use an autoclave sine my mom has like 3 of them for cooking, but I'd venture to guess that you don't need to sterilize the jars/media with an autoclave since dirt is riddled with contaminates anyway.

After the initial GROSS factor I can see why people think fungi are cool. I was looking up stuff on trichoderma and came across a few sites where people grow mushrooms and they had jars that had been contaminated by trichoderma and OMG! It was HORRIBLE looking! Blah!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh it lovessssss shrooms LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it was those kind but I wasn't going to say

All they had was self-rising, and it was raining and I didn't want to go to another store so this kind had to do. It has white flour in it.. damn! Well hopefully it won't hurt the plants. Or maybe I can let the spores settle to the bottom of the liquid when I make a slurry and then just siphon them off. I hope the spores sink... I dunno if they will sink the same way the dry powder did.

My recipe was 2 parts perlite, 2 parts cornmeal (self rising, it had white flour in it.), 1 part rice. I'm really worried about the white-flour that was in the cornmeal. It wont hurt the fungi (it's made from corn afterall) but I'm concerned about the plants. If the spores settle out when I make a solution it should be OK.

Here's the pressure cooker. These things always make me nervous!

And here is a 1cc syringe. I had 4 cc's for each species but a 1 cc syringe was the only size I had.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the pressure cooker stops whistling, then worry.... as long as it is singing youre ok

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast