Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kansas members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone got confused between Kansas and Kentucky? He (she?) is either from Manhattan or has trouble with knowing the difference between, say, shirts & sharks.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even know where most states are so don't feel bad. I know the west coast and the southern half of the east coast. What's in between in anyone's guess, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is at least one person from Kansas who likes cps.

There was a guy from Kansas, who joined the NECPS, and went to one of our annual carnivorous plant shows two years ago.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Someone got confused between Kansas and Kentucky? He (she?) is either from Manhattan or has trouble with knowing the difference between, say, shirts & sharks.
    Interestingly enough, both of the Kentucky and Kansas state schools have switched their abbreviations. Kentucky University (UK) and University of Kansas (KU).

Kansas rocks!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I live up North, I simply mistyped it because the names are closely related :
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn't be smug - when I was a junior in high school (in Mississippi), a teacher gave us a quiz that was a map of the US and we had to label every state and spell them correctly too. I had CT and either VT or NH reversed and mispelled CT as Connecticutte or something like that. God has a wicked sense of humor and my father's job moved us to CT within the year. I left as soon as I graduated but found myself back 12 years later and haven't been able to escape since. The moral of the story is that if you're going to confuse or misspell a state, make sure it's one you don't mind moving to. It will happen. Hmmm . . . Nu Meksico, that's somewhere up around Minnesota, isn't it?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is very high strung and energetic....I figure that will change when he gets cut, lol.
    I hate to tell you but that's a myth. lol The only thing that will cure that (to a degree) is growing up. Neutering will reduce a dog's urge to roam hunting for a mate but that's about it. It does nothing to calm a dog down. The two dogs I've had that were neutered licked themselves a time or two and then continued to bounce off the walls. Ollie was a holy terror until he was about 18 months old. Then he settled down some. I thought his climbing, stealing and chewing would never end. He's pretty good now except he still LOVES to climb...anything and everything. He's like a little goat.

I'd never heard of Olathe until I had to send my GPSr back to Garmin. That is where they are headquartered.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12