Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family & Friends Reaction to your plants

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    my friends think its wierd. I am the only one in my facebook mcmaster group who is doing this...who has a nepenthes ventrata in his hand in his profile picture.
    My facebook picture is a vft. My family think it is very interesting. My dad really gets into it when I send him some updated pictures. He is a nature channel/discovery channel buff and loves all things living. We exchange quite a few emails over the subject.

xvart.

edit:

Must have missed this the first scroll through...
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Not surprisingly, only two people mention having any friends, not counting the one who mentions he lost all his friends. So do people have no friends because they grow CPs or do they grow CPs because they have no friends?
    LOL! Speaking of, my friends...
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ii have friends, but I'm just plain weird. My mom thinks its cute that i grow them, and my ex gf thought it was cute as well, my mom likes it mostly cause i guess it keeps me out of trouble.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends all humour (Canadian spelling ) my hobbies, CPs and beyond. My most wacky specimens draw more interest than, say, another rosetted sundew ( me- "Yeah, it looks like some of my other ones, but the retentive glands on this one are TOTALLY different, watch...")

My Wife LOVES certain Neps and Sarrs. She tolerates Sundews, thinks Cephs are cool, and likes Pings and Utrics quite a bit to boot.

My sister thinks it's weird, but she thought everything I've ever done is weird so that's to be expected.

My mom thinks the plants are fascinating and beautiful (she's the reason I care about plants in the first place) but refuses any offers I make as far as her growing them- she still thinks they're "voodoo" to keep alive- tho I think she's most afraid of killing one of "my" plants

So no-one I know thinks anything "bad" about the hobby, but most of them aren't really too excited by it either
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all are just a new level of weird...

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mabudon View Post
    So no-one I know thinks anything "bad" about the hobby, but most of them aren't really too excited by it either
    If they were excited about then they would have become members here!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends love the plants, but my family would look into my terrarium look and ask whats in here (expecting it to be another reptile) the when they find out it's just plants they sigh "ooh" then walk away.

slightly askew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom comes over for dinner on Wednesdays, she always cruises her walker around and checks out my fish tanks and my CPs. Mom likes the nepenthes the best. My friend Jackie likes my sundews, because of the sparkly dew. My better half thinks I'm nuts, she is a florist, she prefers the sarrs. My brother thinks I'm a crackhead, because I pay so much attention to my plants. My sister in law is a waste of skin so I dont even have a clue what she thinks, nor do I care....(sorry baggage ). My brothers kids think that the flytraps are the coolest. Most of my other friends dont really say to much, I think that they think I'm a crack head...
    We must laugh at man to avoid crying for him. N. Bonaparte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents are amused, my little bro considers me(and, consequently, all of you) eccentric, my best friend is actually frightened of them, and by older bro and his roommates have started bugging me for some gnat catchers. Other responses have been "cool," "weird," and "why?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast