Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Family & Friends Reaction to your plants

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me? Eccentric?

Sir, if growing a race of radioactive, man-eating plants in your basement makes one eccentric, then.. hmmmmmmm ahh....

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my sisters think it's a little weird, but everyone else I know is cool with it. My Physics teacher thinks it's pretty cool; he knows a little about them as well as some people in the CP business. One of these days I'm going to donate a couple CP's to the science class room. Everyone thinks it's neat because horticulture is a passion that I want to eventually turn into a career.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its always the same thing for me..."dude your obsessed" haha. my brother says im the only person in this house obsessed with somthing. even though he references EVERYTHING to Narutu (that ninja show or...whatever) and starwars. i turn it around and say hes obsessed. im spending my birthday money on a plant shelf and plants. he spends his on starwars toys. then! he gets money from my grandma to use during SB. the first day hes down there he buys little toys of narutu and starwars. later on in the week. i still have my money and hes begging me to buy stuff for him.....uh...no. ANYWAYS my friends tolerate it. as do my parents. they love my N. saguinea most of all! and my orchids (that are in bloom) my mom and dad think utrics are lame until they see the flowers. hidden beauty
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some friends think I'm weird. Some actually got into the hobby as a result of my enthusiasm. My kids have no inetrest in them and my wife describes the hobby as "morbid".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, my parents find my obsession a bit 'odd', but for the most part they're for me having all of my plants. That is, except for all of the space that they take up, however my parents still think that having a bunch of sundews, pitcher plants, and venus flytraps in the the yard will drastically lower the number of bugs in our yard.
    My brother thinks that they are a waste of time, but then again, I think that he's a waste of time ( )
    My neighbor actually is planning to take me to a Sarr spot in western Tally that he found a while back, and all of my other family finds them interesting.
    Also I am known to all that know me as the 'plant person', It's kinda a bad title, but oh well. I enjoy them so much though that I would never consider dropping this addiction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123