Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family & Friends Reaction to your plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family & Friends Reaction to your plants

Alright,

When you first started growing the plants (or, when specific people figured out, or gave their attention to it) what was their reaction? What do your friends find is their favourite plant?

My mom finds Sundews to be the most intriguing, due to the dew (no pun intended?) that makes them look fascinating, and she thought my D. capensis flowers are beautiful.
    - NeciFiX

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've grown VFTs on and off for a LOOOOONG time. Turns out every year they were going dormant, and not dying. haha... so once I got into the hobby heavy, they really didn't think anything of it. Now that I have a pretty big g/h and quite a few plants, I think my family's favorite Sp. is pings. Because the plants look like little flowers. Of course there are other plants around the g/h that catch their attention too. it seems they never have the same favorite haha.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

i think i planted them a little too close together... ne3p's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've pretty much always collected plants, so it took my close family a while to realise. my relatives just seemed to think of it as another of the strange things i do. my physics teacher simply burst out laughing

the point at which you realise your friends are also nerds: you ask for a quadrant in the fourth dimension, and they say 10:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my parents think its a wonderful thing(keeps me busy i guess). I showed one of my friends my collection and didnt think much... Other than that no one else knows that i grow CPs.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents think they are beautiful, and I lost all my friends when I dropped out of public school to do home school.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my friends think its wierd. I am the only one in my facebook mcmaster group who is doing this...who has a nepenthes ventrata in his hand in his profile picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprisingly, only two people mention having any friends, not counting the one who mentions he lost all his friends. So do people have no friends because they grow CPs or do they grow CPs because they have no friends?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herenorthere: LOL!

I have one friend named Joe who is my age and is in a wheelchair who I told about my plants, along with my friend Chris, Joe asks how they are from time to time, I told my Science teacher and he seemed to be a little interested but nothing much.
    - NeciFiX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast