Thread: Happy Earth Day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Any pictures, Ozzy?

Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I just heard somewhere recently that if people would turn their computers off when they are finished using them, we'd save a TON of energy. Seems like a simple thing to do.
    People don't do this? (Obviously not...) I have always turned off my computer without regard to conserving energy... just seems like a natural thing to do.

I didn't do anything special yesterday. I had to write a speech for my class... Oh, and I watched Planet Earth too. Sunday is always the most depressing day of the week.
    -Joel from Southern California

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really take many pics. I mostly just stepped back and watched Barry work and try to learn as much as I could. Just wait until Barry posts his pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think earth day is a stupid idea, people shouldn't do the things you do on earth day once a year, they should do it ALL year. Im not a super hard core activist, and some times i litter, but Still Its something we should do all year round not just once a year.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    Im not a super hard core activist, and some times i litter, but Still Its something we should do all year round not just once a year.
    We should litter all year round? LOL. Just kidding. I know that's not what you meant, but it's funny when you read it.

I agree. But having and earth day doesn't mean you should only take care of the earth on one day. If anything, most of the stuff everyone mentioned can be taken as celebrating the planet we live on. And it can't hurt if some people get out and take care of the earth on one day. Maybe if a single person gets out in their yard or recycles some stuff they might realize how easy it is or how painless it is they might start doing it more often.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I spent my Earth weekend in the Pinnacles National Park on a search and destroy mission for invasive exotic plant species. Thousands were slaughtered.

Come to think of it, I'm protecting this country from invasives. You know what invasives do? They invade. I'm protection this nation from invasion from foreigners. I'm still waiting for my purple heart to come in the mail for the blisters I incurred in the line of duty. The Homeland Security budget is big enough, maybe they want to send some money my way too, eh?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's like saying Christmas should be everyday. Come to think of it that would be pretty sweet!

If you're Jewish and had Hanukkah everyday,.... I think a temporal wormhole would open up or something. 8 days of Hanukkah, everyday?

I'm sick of that damned Kudzu taking all the jobs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I celebrated earth day and did my part to save the planet...I only used one square of toilet paper this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm proud of you Lauderdale. Now for some real fun reading try looking at the sheryl crow venue riders on the smoking gun. Good reading
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast