What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Earth Day!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Ok, so it's not a real holiday but I figured I'd wish everyone happy Earth day!

Let's go plant a spruce or something. It's kind of lame that most of us didn't even know it was Earth Day. Then again it's almost as exciting as Arbor day and most of us don't even know what that is!

ooh! to you too!!

i turned off the faucet today while i was brushing my teeth. :angel:

Oh, darn!!!
today was Earth Day??
I love going out on earth day when they have festivels with all biodegradable waste products and they give away little baby trees for people to plant

Yeah and they always die :censor:

Then again using them as all-natural urinals probably doesn't help matters, but at least it makes me feel manly and outdoorsy, like the guy on the Brawny paper towel package.

Yay earth!!! :)

All hail the might redwoods and their carnivorous minions:p

Go earth! :boogie:

Edit: speaking of the brawny guy... I could have sworn he used to be black... my brother says I'm crazy, but something looks different about him now a-days...

I had an ok Earth Day. I got up real early, drove 40 miles to a gas station. I filled up my van and then used that fuel to drive Barry Rice around to look for cp's.

Let's see if I can name all of the plants we found, not counting any hybrids.

S.flava
S.purpurea
S.rubra
S.minor
S.leucophylla

D.intermedia
D.capillaris
D.brevifolia
D.filiformis

D.muscipula

P.caerula

U.gibba
U.inflata
U.subulata
U.purpurea
U.striata

I'd say it was a good Earth Day.[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Wow. What a great Earth Day.

I spent time working in the yard.

I just heard somewhere recently that if people would turn their computers off when they are finished using them, we'd save a TON of energy. Seems like a simple thing to do.

I spent time working on revitalizing my mother's lawn. I also watched a boat load of Planet Earth on TV; so I think I spent it right!

xvart.

Any pictures, Ozzy?

I just heard somewhere recently that if people would turn their computers off when they are finished using them, we'd save a TON of energy. Seems like a simple thing to do.
People don't do this?:0o: (Obviously not...) I have always turned off my computer without regard to conserving energy... just seems like a natural thing to do.

I didn't do anything special yesterday. I had to write a speech for my class... :puke: Oh, and I watched Planet Earth too. Sunday is always the most depressing day of the week.

I didn't really take many pics. I mostly just stepped back and watched Barry work and try to learn as much as I could. Just wait until Barry posts his pics.

I think earth day is a stupid idea, people shouldn't do the things you do on earth day once a year, they should do it ALL year. Im not a super hard core activist, and some times i litter, but Still Its something we should do all year round not just once a year.

Im not a super hard core activist, and some times i litter, but Still Its something we should do all year round not just once a year.

We should litter all year round? LOL. Just kidding. I know that's not what you meant, but it's funny when you read it.

I agree. But having and earth day doesn't mean you should only take care of the earth on one day. If anything, most of the stuff everyone mentioned can be taken as celebrating the planet we live on. And it can't hurt if some people get out and take care of the earth on one day. Maybe if a single person gets out in their yard or recycles some stuff they might realize how easy it is or how painless it is they might start doing it more often.

xvart.

I spent my Earth weekend in the Pinnacles National Park on a search and destroy mission for invasive exotic plant species. Thousands were slaughtered.

Come to think of it, I'm protecting this country from invasives. You know what invasives do? They invade. I'm protection this nation from invasion from foreigners. I'm still waiting for my purple heart to come in the mail for the blisters I incurred in the line of duty. The Homeland Security budget is big enough, maybe they want to send some money my way too, eh?

That's like saying Christmas should be everyday. Come to think of it that would be pretty sweet!

If you're Jewish and had Hanukkah everyday,.... I think a temporal wormhole would open up or something. 8 days of Hanukkah, everyday?

I'm sick of that damned Kudzu taking all the jobs!

I celebrated earth day and did my part to save the planet...I only used one square of toilet paper this morning.

I'm proud of you Lauderdale. Now for some real fun reading try looking at the sheryl crow venue riders on the smoking gun. Good reading

I celebrated earth day and did my part to save the planet...I only used one square of toilet paper this morning.

Could no one spare a square? Is it two ply? All you need is one ply.

xvart.

All you need is one ply.

this is true. I found out (while doing research to support my argument for a TP-related disagreement that I had with my roommate :crazy: ) that 400 single-ply sheets last longer than 200 double-ply sheets, despite what you'd logically think. people don't even realize it...we just use the same number of sheets for double-ply that we'd use for single-ply, and waste all that extra TP. so...save the earth, and money, by using single-ply.

anyway...I went CP-hunting on Earth Day, too! and I found a new Drosera site! a few little D. rotundifolia poking up.

edit: here's an easy way to help the earth every day: www.therainforestsite.com for every click, advertisers give a little money towards saving the rainforest.

The earth can suffer at the expense of comfy butts.

My next pet shall be named comfybutt. What a good name.

I've been clicking those "click a day" sites for like 2 years, it's like this addiction and if you stop you'll feel guilty and then click every 11 minutes for an hour. D:

Back