User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you call those annoying tests....

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you call those annoying tests....

What do you call those annoying tests that employers make you take, with those questions that ask you about theft, lateness, moods, obtuse co-workers, attitudes, etc...?

I hate them! They pigeon-hole me into reponding in ways I don't always agree with. They play games with absolutes and relative and doggone it all.... I aint a perfect person or employee, with a spotless past or thoughts. What are they looking for..... perfect people or just making sure you are a cereal (sic) killer?

Ryan + Sara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a cereal killer, I killed Snap, Crackle and Pop! lol

Hate those tests too, but can't remember what they're called .. been a number of years since I had to take one.

Like somebody would really select the answer "Reply with rude comments and then tackle to the ground" to the question "What would you do if a fellow employee said something inappropriate to you?"

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They wanna make sure you're pure on the outside. Just about everyone takes [I]something[I] at some point. But during that test you're supposed to say NO!!! If I go home with a company pen I will bring it back and pay back half my weeks pay to make up for the mistake! I'm sooooo sorry!!!!! haha I guess that's off topic cause I dunno what they're called :P
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what they're called either but I remember I had to take one before I got my job too. They're so annoying. I remember the one question was like "You discover an employee has been stealing merchandise of the following value, put a check next to each value that you would fire the employee for." And then below that it said, like 5, 10, 15, or you wouldn't fire them at all. And I put to fire them if it was higher than $5 and the interviewer was like "This is the only question that I wanted to talk to you about. I just wanted you to understand that we have a no tolerance policy for stealing, do you understand?" I was like "Yes, definately." I felt like I was being reprimanded for something I never did! I guess I'm just too nice.

And yeah the other questions never have an answer that you completely agree with. Or they just have absolutely ABSURD questions like.. "Tell me about a time where there was an event where I had to come to someone's rescue in a life or death situation." and all I'm thinking is.. How many teenagers do you know have been in that kind of situation? I mean come on! It's so stupid. Never apply at Target, they have the most absurd questions ever.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd call them "Big Brother". Trying to catch your Thoughtcrime. Seriously, how can they legally ask that kind of stu-...oh, Patriot Act, right.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those tests were around long before the Patriot Act. It has its flaws, in fact, it's one long collection of flaws, but we can't blame that test on the Patriot Act.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call those tests a pain in the #@%. LOL

As for stealing some companies want you to admit to stealing something small as most people do it at some point in their life. If its less than $10 most companies would not fire you for it especially if its walking home with a company pen. I once met someone who worked HR for an armored truck company and they had a question that asked if you have ever considered robbing a bank or armored truck. If they say no they will not hire them as they believe that they are lying so dont know if they have lied about anything else. A lot of companies are testing you for honesty and thats their main objective with some of their questions.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    K- I just asked my wife (Lowes admin manager) they're called integrity tests. She says the same questions are asked a few different ways to see if they answer the same way. But that they don't actually review the questions, the computer says if there is an integrity issue or not... Once the computer part of the application is done, a print out is made according to their answers for the interviewer to ask to get more details on an answer. Like if you answer it is okay to steal less than $5 bucks.. the print out would then ask "Give examples of items that are okay to take."
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast